Does Maker API Report Communications Errors with Devices?

I was wondering if the Maker API would provide error responses to a caller if the device that was trying to be controlled was unreachable. For example it could be a device that was controlled through a cloud service and the cloud service was down. Or, it could be a Zigbee or Z-Wave device that had fallen offline. In any case I was wondering if the Maker API would respond with some sort of a message (possibly through the post URL) about the issue and if so, is there was any documentation on the format of that message.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Well I guess I've answered my own question. I unplugged a zigbee outlet that was connected to my Hubitat and then tried to turn the outlet on/off through messages sent to the Maker API from a 3rd party system. I didn't see any error responses to 3rd party system that there was an issue. The normal message traffic I did see just didn't contain any information on the current status of the device.

I really think that there should be some sort of error message with information about the issue so a 3rd party system integrated with the Hubitat can take its own appropriate action.

I guess I'll have to figure out how to submit a product improvement suggestion to Hubitat :slight_smile:

Thanks

There is a sub-forum here in the community to submit feature requests.

I found it. Thanks @codahq