Does Hubitat works with Bali Motorized Shades with AutoView Motorization (ZWAVE)?

Good day everyone,

Does Hubitat works with Bali Motorized Shades with AutoView Motorization (ZWAVE)?

I've tried pairing my 2 shades (Include) with Hubitat in discover mode but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I have Graber shades that are also made by Springs and they are working fine using the Generic Z-Wave Shade driver.

One thing I found tricky is that the shades are shipped already associated with the remote. I had to reset the shades to disassociate them from the remote before I could pair them with the Hubitat. Once the remote was disassociated, the pairing went quickly.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I will check the manual to see how I can reset the shades to factory settings and retry the discovery mode to include the shades.

Is the Generic Z-Wave Shade driver something I need to install or it is already part of Hubitat?

Also, would I be able to still use the remote control as well?

I just want to use Hubitat for some simple automation but still want to operate the remote control.

Thanks

The Generic Z-Wave Shade driver is one of the built-in drivers. Nothing to install. If it's not automatically selected when you pair them, if it just pairs as a "device", you will need to select the driver from the device page.

I was able to pair the remote control to Hubitat as a Somfy 2-Button Controller and then use it to control the shades (or anything else - since it is really just a generic 2-button device).

I have Lutron so I have ended up using Pico remotes for most of my shades. The Pico has 5 buttons and I have it set up so the 5 buttons are (1) Full open, (2) 25% closed, (3) 50% closed, (4) 75% closed, and (5) Full closed.

Some more information here: Shades - what works? what doesn't?

2 Likes

The rest of my shades are Lutron as well. So you are saying I can use the Lutron Pico remote controller to control the shades as well? I though they were Radio Frequency and not Z-Wave but I guess I was wrong.

Another question, my Hubitat is at least 30 feet away from my shades, do you think it would work or I have to put some sort of repeater in between them?

Thanks

They are clear connect but once you pair the Lutron hub pro with HE you can use a pico for just about anything

1 Like

My post wasn't entirely clear - all my shades are Graber (Somfy electronics, made by Springs). I use Lutron (Caseta Pro) for lighting. The good news is, yes you can use the Pico to control your non-Lutron shade if the Pico is integrated with your Hubitat Hub. I use the Pico 5-button to control my shades in the master bedroom - Button 1 (top) is full open, button 2 is 25% closed, button 3 is 50% closed, button 4 is 75% closed, and button 5 (bottom) is fully closed. It's fairly intuitive and it works great.

So the Pico always "talks" through the Lutron Caseta Pro hub and the Caseta Pro hub talks to the Hubitat hub over the ethernet using Telnet. You can integrate the Pico with Hubitat by adding it using the Lutron Integration App on the Hubitat Hub.

I put an Aeotec Z-Wave repeater in the master bedroom where I have 5 shades because it's about as far across that floor (of the house) from the hub as you can get and I wanted to make sure it was reliable. My other shade is in my office and the hub is also in there so no need for a repeater there.

1 Like

Finally I was able to program my shades with my Hubitat. It works like a charm with a few hiccups like up and down limits which I can handle via a rule so it only closes to a certain percentage to avoid damage of the shade motors.

My main issue is that I cannot use the Multi View controller anymore, every time I tried to Include it (pair it) it takes over and Hubitat cannot control the shade anymore. Is that normal? I thought shades can have multiple controls pair to them.

If there is no other way around. Can I create a virtual dimmer that someone my Multi-View remote control can pair to it to control the shades?

Thanks

Eric, how do you connect the Hubitat with the Lutron Caseta Pro Hub?

I've been trying this option but it doesn't discover anything:

I'm not sure if the how-to videos in the ST forum post below apply to your situation 100%, but this is how I got my zebrablinds shades working with both smartthings and the included z-wave remote, and it worked just as well for hubitat. As @Eric.C.Miller implied, Bali and Graber shades both use the same underlying tech made by Somfy.

Use the Lutron integration app. Lutron devices are integrated with hubitat through a unique process:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Lutron_Integrator

1 Like

My Lutron App doesn't show the Telnet Support under the Settings->Advanced->Integration option. However it shows a Connections option that when I tap on it I get the following:

Integrations connected to your Lutron system can control your Lutron devices. Tap on a row below to view more details about current connections and to remove connections.
Your Lutron system doesn't have any integration connections set up.

There is no row I can tap on, nothing.

Was this option removed in newer versions?

It sounds like you don't have a Caseta Pro bridge. The difference between the pro and non-pro versions is telnet support, which is required to integrate with Hubitat.

I go this one. I wasn't aware there was a pro version of it at the time. dang it :slight_smile:

That’s a bummer. Model # L-BDGPRO2 is the one that has telnet and will work with hubitat.

If it is new, can you return that one?

1 Like

I am not familiar with the Multi View Controller. What is that? My shades came with a two-button Graber control.

1 Like

Hi Eric,

It looks like this, it is just a fancy 12 channel zwave remote. I should have not ordered with my shades and just use the Hubitat to do the automation and the Pico control to control it.

Any idea if I can pair it with Hubitat? I have tried to include it but I haven't been successful.

Almost a year old but do I need it to be able for the Hubitat to see the Pico remotes? If so, can I then use that to control my Bali shades besides Rules Machine for automation.

I have never seen one. Don't know what it can do.

1 Like