Does Hubitat support "Aqara FP1 Body Human Presence Sensor "

Hi,

Does anyone know if Hubitat support "Aqara FP1 Body Human Presence Sensor "?

Thanks

They work with a driver that @kkossev has provided.

Not all functions of the device work though. They do detect presence by using motion but the driver doesn’t allow use of zones.

It is possible to use the zones function but you need to fully understand how they incorporate the function into the sensor its self and modify the driver to allow it to work fully.

1 Like

@Baz2473 Thanks. It could be enough for me even without the zone.
But, I'm new to Hubitat, where can I find that @kkossev's driver for Aqara FP1?

1 Like

[quote="[RELEASE] Aqara FP1 Human Presence Sensor (RTCZCGQ11LM), post:1, topic:108236"]
here
[/quote]

Thank you!

Just an FYI: These are very "chatty" devices. I have one of the Tuya ceiling mounted MMWave sensors. It has been working well and not causing any trouble on my hub, but you can see below that the rxCounter is nearing 200,000 in one week. I would be hesitant to use more of these. This is with it set to ignore distance events, Lux set to 500, and radar sensitivity set to 4 (1-9 scale). I don't know if any hub prior to the C-8 would tolerate this much traffic without issues.

Aqara FP1 is not as chatty as the Tuya mmWave sensors.

Practically, with a solid Zigbee mesh, there shouldn't be any problems handling half a dozen of such chatty devices. The Zigbee coordinators are made to communicate 24/7 ... I think that processing up to 5-6 reports per second shouldn't be a problem for C7.

Good to know. Are they reliable in your opinion? So far I've not had any issues with the Tuya using your driver (very much appreciating your hard work by the way). I have 99 other zigbee devices on this C-8 as well and no problems with any of them. I guess I'm just being overly cautious. While I'm replying, I also want to tell you that the Tuya valve also seems to also be working perfectly with the latest dev driver. I have one still connected to my C-8 and 2 connected to my C-5 (mostly zigbee bulbs- not ideal). Whatever caused the valve on the C-8 to become unresponsive last week must have been unrelated to driver updates. I haven't tried to pair the valves on the C-5 back to the C-8 yet.

1 Like

Hi @Ken_Fraleigh ,
As the OP topic is Aqara FP1, I have replied on another thread, so that we don't hijack this one .

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.