Does Hubitat support actually provide support for anyone?

On multiple occasions now I’ve emailed support, I get and Auto response then 24 to 48 hours a get a somewhat personalized message that references my specific problem (but usually ignores many of the details I already provided) asking for system details (software versions, platforms, etc.) and I provide them, then that’s it… I’ve not gotten a response after that, just radio silence.

@jared.zimmerman
Recently, since the wink issues etc, support have been flooded with tickets.
This makes it difficult to follow up sometimes
I’ll tag @bobbyD so he sees this.
Is there anything the community can do to help with your issue?

Andy

1 Like

Thanks I already have threads started for both issues with no solutions (Maker API failing with large numbers of devices) and (inability to add second user account.)

1 Like

I have had some simmilar experinces with support. Although my last communication did get a proper responce.

For the second user account. If this is a local user admin, that is not currently allowed. It was orginally and the feature was pulled becaise it was confusing for some people, due to portal and local users being differnt.

2 Likes

To answer the question posed in the thread title: yes I have received support from Hubitat support staff :slight_smile:.

7 Likes

As have I - on numerous occasions (in fact, I don't believe I've ever not received support).

Here's what I will say in general - @bobbyD can only provide help if all the information he requests is provided. Most often, he also needs access to the specific Hubitat Elevation in question. Finally, troubleshooting sometimes involves systematic disabling/enabling of apps/drivers.

5 Likes

I have also received support as well as a couple feature requests added for devices.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I have not had a problem.

I think it is important to send the e-mail from your registered (with Hubitat) e-mail address so he knows you are a customer.

Also, in order to be prepared for what may be requested, you may want to check out this article:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Collect_Information_for_Support

2 Likes

They must be backed up. I just submitted my first ever support ticket. It didn’t even say the 24-48 hour thing anymore...

2 Likes

I see, one support person for everyone? That makes sense why everything is backed up

I can't get a second user authed at all here's the thread with all the details Can't get second user logged in to hubitat

When I tried to do what someone suggested of just using a single account, the two apps did not play well as separate presence devices which is one of my primary use cases.

That's incorrect. You may see a single contact point initially, but multiple Hubitat employees provide support to owners.

2 Likes

Support is not in a position to field problems with Maker API. This will be the place to raise those issues. What do you mean by "failing". Please provide more specifics.

Steps are:

1. Install app on second phone.
  2. Select Existing Hub Owner on first screen of app.
  3. Login from the app to your account for Hubitat.
  4. Select hub to connect to.
  5. Select existing Mobile App Device or Create New Device.

Portal is not needed for this. You use a single Hubitat account This is a case of mistaking hub users with mobile app users. Mobile app users are simply distinct Mobile App Devices. As such, each has presence and notification capabilities.

5 Likes

@bravenel

While another user suggested talking to support about Maker API, I'm contradicting him. Please start a topic about your Maker API issue.

About Mobile App Device, did you refresh the Devices list after following those steps? These are not dynamic pages.

I already have a thread about the Maker API issue, why would I start a new one?

Yes, I've tried refreshing, updated the current issue status in that thread

1 Like

Issues are being addressed in other threads