Does anyone know how to reset events in runtime stats?

I cant seem to figure out how to set the events column to zero, or if it is even possible. When I use the garbage can icon to reset statistics every column resets except 'Events'

Anyone have ideas? This is a picture from Device stats tab.

You can't really "reset" that counter because it's not a running total since a point in time like the other stats are; its literally just the number of events that the device has stored in the database. You can view the underyling information from the "Events" button (tab? I'm never sure what this is supposed to look like...) on the device page, which you can get to from the convenient link (the device name) on the page in your screenshot (or, in general, by going to "Devices" in the admin UI and finding it).

By default, I think these are trimmed to 100 per device (every hour as part of hourly maintenance, formerly ever night during nightly maintenance). You can change this on a per-device basis by editing the two "history size" items on the device page and waiting for the next cleanup, or you can set the hub-wide defaults for all devices via the special /hub/advanced/event/limit URL I can share more about (or you can search for) if you are interested. This mostly helps reduce database size, with large databases sometimes found to cause performance problems. In the last couple firmware versions, you'll see an alert appear on the "main" page of the admin UI if your database is getting large enough that it may actually be of concern (not sure if you think yours is or if you're just curious).

1 Like