DIY- Battery Backup Hubitat- under TEN bucks-NO soldering

When you start thinking of V2, let me know. I have several "generic" Zigbee modules in use for custom sensors. I've been using PTVO firmware.

2 Likes

Yes, works well so far.

2 Likes

It would also be nice if it had some kind of logic within the firmware that could sense when power is restored from the mains source, and at that point do a power off/power on, but only if the power currently drawn has been lower than the on power of the unit for a bitā€¦

3 Likes

Agreed, that would be ideal.

1 Like

My first though would be to monitor the battery voltage with an analog input. One could easily program what the battery is doing.

If the battery is charging (increasing over time)
If the battery is decreasing (over time)
If the battery is near minimum voltage.
etc

all the above would border on trivial with nearly anything programable.

John

2 Likes

Chaps, apologies for the delays and radio silence - my luck finally ran out and Iā€™ve been sick with covid for the past 7 days. :weary:

Please send concreteā€¦. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Iā€™m planning to start building the units next weekend when Iā€™m fully recovered.

5 Likes

Feel better man..... It tore through our family last month. Fortunately we were all vaxxed and boosted. Because of my age and health history I as also on Paxlovid. It sucks.... Much sympathy to you and yours.

1 Like

Cheers mate. :+1: we are are vaxxed and boosted too but the 4 of us all got it anyway (mild compared to someone not vaccinated). Iā€™m now on the mend thankfully, but the wife and daughter are still sick,

1 Like

My 4 year old was asymptomatic (he was vaxxed fortunately) so while my wife and I were miserable, he was at %100 energy. That quite possibly was the worst part.

1 Like

Hehe, our 9 year old boy was sick for 2 days and is back in full nuisance mode now! :man_facepalming:

1 Like

My 10 year old was the same (he got it 2 mos prior to us even after being vaxxed so he didn't get it this time)

2 Likes

So Iā€™ve got lung damage from the ā€œcovid coughā€ and Iā€™m on steroids and painkillers. Iā€™m so off work too so Iā€™m likely to need another week before I can work on this project. :weary:

2 Likes

@dJOS Get better, that's way more important.

4 Likes

Thanks mate, I appreciate it. I just hate feeling like Iā€™m letting this awesome community down.

1 Like

Health comes before..... pretty much anything else. I'm sure the folks would feel bad if you pushed to get these done before feeling 100% (or at least 99%).

Hope your damage is not permanent and you can come out of this soon :slight_smile: :mask:

5 Likes

Cheers, the damage isnā€™t too bad, just painful.

6 Likes

Nah... I'm sure you'll let us down on something far more important.... :rofl: Seriously, covid isn't anything to F with... Hope the rest of the family is in better shape...

5 Likes

Glad to hear it wasn't severe. Please take care of yourself and family, that is the priority. Best to you and family.

1 Like

Thanks mate, much appreciated. :+1:

1 Like

Getting any better?

1 Like