Discussion about hub performance

The vast majority of reported problems with hubs comes from custom drivers.

Contrast that to my personal situation: well over 200 devices, hundreds of apps, a single hub running everything, AND, on top of all of that I do all of the development of apps on that hub while it's running my house. Never had a problem with it of the sort described in this thread, but in all fairness, it does get rebooted probably on average every 3 days as we put out new releases internally. The only user drivers I use are from @ogiewon.

4 Likes

Agreed. As I posted (maybe even in this thread), my hub's required rebooting because of things I did, including using a SmartThings DTH that I ported incorrectly.

Please consider this a request rather than a criticism. It would be great if Hubitat had a review process for driver revision. I don't use very many user drivers. But of those I do about 1/2 of them are alternates to built-in drivers. Some of the built in drivers seem to be "minimum" at the time of release to get things working but then never get extended to take advantage of full device capabilities (existing or new).

1 Like

Well considering the amount of drivers and associations written for HE, that would be a herculean task trying to develop a proper frame work to run a driver through not to mention that would drag them away from other development. (Just how I see it anyway) It's one of the reason for the 1st part of diagnostics is to disable all third party stuff.,

2 Likes