Disarm alarm using IRIS V3 keypad

I've paired the keypad
I've set the lock code in the Lock Code Manager
I've set the entry and exit delays in the Home Safety Manager
When I press the ON button on the keypad the status changes to "armed away"
When I enter the four digit code and press the OFF button it appears to turn the alarm off
Within about 2 or 3 seconds the on button lights up. The keypad beeps, And the status shows Armed Away.

What am I doing wrong?

It can be disarmed from the Device Manager. Just not the keypad.

In the keypad device do you have it set to "verify pin to arm away".

This is what happens when an invalid pin is entered.
Open live logging while disarming from the keypad (you only need description text logging enabled in the driver), if it was an invalid pin, it will show in the logs.
Also, in the driver details do you see the 4 digit pin you entered from LCM?

No I don't see that option anywhere on the V3 keypad device page.

[quote="mike.maxwell, post:3, topic:14038"]
This is what happens when an invalid pin is entered.
Open live logging while disarming from the keypad (you only need description text logging enabled in the driver), if it was an invalid pin, it will show in the logs.[/quote]

The log said an invalid pin was entered.

No. After entering the PIN in the LCM it does not show up in the device driver details. Not sure exactly where it would appear but neither the code or the name of the person shows up anywhere on the page. And when I go back to the LCM I don't see it there. The LCM asks for a name and I gave it the name PERSON because it is just my wife and I and I don't see any reason to have different codes for each of us. I put in the information and click the DONE box. It seems to indicate that something has been saved in the LCM and does list the keypad. Then I go to the Keypad driver and it does not show the code anywhere on the V3 page. Where should it appear?

the keypads only support 4 digit pins

I know. I only entered a four digit pin.Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Is the unlock code supposed to show up somewhere on the keypad device manager page?

Yes, they should be displayed to the right on the edit device page under the other attributes. When you set the code in LCM, did you actually download the codes to the Keypad as well. If you didn't do that, there will be no codes programmed to the keypad.

No. Not sure how to do that. Didn't see anywhere where it was necessary. Is the process explained somewhere?

Can you show a screenshot of your main screen of LCM?

There are two screens for the LCM. The one that says Add New User and the one that has Settings, Event Subscriptions, Application State, and Scheduled Jobs. Which do you want to see?

The main screen should display your programmed users.

I don't know what I did but it now works. I can arm and disarm my system using my IRIS V3 keypad. I wish I knew exactly what happened but I think part of the problem was the LCM. I would enter a user and nothing would happen. After numerous attempts I finally got an indication that a user had been successfully added. I'm not going to mess with success as I don't want to have to go through this struggle again. I will continue adding motion sensors and contact sensors to the system and add in my sirens. Hopefully all will go well.

Next question. I have the text message working - almost. It sends me an alert and shows the date and time but for device it just says Device as opposed to telling me which contact sensor or motion sensor triggered the alarm. How do I get it to tell me which device actually triggered the alarm?

Use %device% in the message. Below are the variables listed:

Use %device% to include event device name, %value% to include event value, %text% to include event description, %time% to include event time, and %date% to include event date.

That works. Apparently it is case sensitive.

Next question. I want my system to require two motions sensors to activate before triggering an alarm. I thought this was possible but can't find the place to enter the setting.

You want to use Zone Motion Sensors built in app. There are three modes that the zone sensors can work in. There are details at
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Zone_Motion_Controllers

Thanks for the info. Another question. How does Hubitat handle sensors that are active at the time the alarm is set via the keypad. I.E. IRIS would basically ignore their status and incorporate them into they system when they reset. As an example when walking through my house to set the alarm and leave I would activate some of my motion sensors. When I armed my alarm with the keypad IRIS would ignore those active sensors and then automatically incorporate them into the security system when they were no longer active and had reset themselves. Does Hubitat do the same?

That depends. For motion sensors, it is the same. It will only trigger the alarm when the sensor transitions from inactive to active. So, any motion sensors that are active when you arm, that will be ignored until they go inactive first.

The same is true for contact sensors UNLESS you configure "Arming Alerts". If you do, then all contact sensors have to be closed before the system will arm. But that is optional and not required.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.