Disable Hue motion sensor for specific time

Hello again, I started to familiarize myself with the device, and I want to set up a rule to disable a Hue motion sensor "at" a specific time until xxx hours later.
Is that possible

Regards
Nikos

You won't necessarily disable the motion sensor. It is going to detect motion. What you can do is write a rule to suspend any actions triggered by that motion sensor beginning at your chosen time for the specified period. Here is my rule to pause motion lighting in the kitchen so the lights won't interfere with the television when news/Jeopardy is on.

It requires creating a virtual switch, and then using this rule to turn it on or off. The virtual switch acts to disable the Simple Automation rule that turns on the light when motion is detected in the kitchen. Hopefully, this will give you some ideas as to how to solve your problem.

1 Like

Why?

Yes, you can disable a Hubitat device.

But it is more likely that the approach described by @StephenH is appropriate for your needs.

Anyway if you do want to disable a device programmatically, you can do it using instructions in this thread: