Dimmer to XX level between specific times?

Is there a way to set this up and cover all dimmers at once? So they come on at the specified percentage whether physically pressed or turned on by a rule? And to automatically adjust at that time as well if it's already on? I've seen where you can specify level/time in RM actions, but is there a way to do it without adding that into each rule AND when the switch is physically turned on ?

Each dimmer device has different capabilities. As such you should list what dimmers you have - some can do it, some can't...

Inovelli and zooz

I believe that's what Mode Lighting does in the MotionLighting app, if I remember right.

I don't think you can do it in hardware on the Zooz. I refuse to look at the inovelli device capabilities since you can't actually buy them - so you're on your own there.

That said you might be able to rig something up to so it in software/app though. The hard part is the 'physical' part. To control the dim level for physical ON, you either have to have hardware support, or before it is turned off, set it to the value you want it to turn on next time.

Not easy to do reliably.

Completely missed that. That should to it. Thank you.

1 Like

Yup, that should do most of what you want. Probably not all, but it will get you in the ballpark.

More than enough right now. I'm pretty green at this so I'm not getting too complicated at this point. Thanks again

1 Like

If you need any help with the inovelli switches I have quite a few of them and am doing what you want(xx level at certain times). I havent looked into the mode lighting tho...

Inovelli has child devices for default local level and default zwave level. works great

1 Like

I might take you up on that this weekend if I can't figure it out. I'm going to give mode lighting a go since it covers them all, but at first glance it's not doing what I want it to do. I won't be able to mess it more until tomorrow

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.