Dimmer / Switch Recommendations

Points to you! Took me a minute to catch the reference! LOL

Indeed, what's one more Pi!? I almost pulled the trigger on a 4GB Pi this morning...I figure by the end of the weekend, I'll probably have one ordered...

One more Pi in the closet indeed!

S.

2 Likes

I was thinking the same but I just got a set of cases that I really like for all of mine (one for HA stuff and 2 as KODI boxes)...then they go and change the port configuration! So, I'll probably skip this version and wait for the next before upgrading. By then there should be lots of cheap case options out there. :wink:

2 Likes

A 3d printer is like 150 for one with a heated bed. Print as many cases as you like.

1 Like

Lol. That's part of my justification...problem is, I've got my eye on a Prusa MK3 full bear. ...

Sadly, I expect once the newness wears off, it'll be in the closet with the RPi collection....

1 Like

I have a Monoprice Select Mini v2. It was $100 as a refurb, and I had to resolder the wires going to the heated bed. It's been great, even with the limitations of the print volume 120x120x120mm. But, I definitely have wanted to print larger objects and can't do it on this one. Now I'm looking at some of the 500x500x500mm ones for around $1000.

1 Like

I thought about it...and looked at a few seriously a while back. But after reading about some of the problems with getting them set up and working at first I shelved that idea. I waste enough time and get enough headaches from this stuff already. A 3d printer would just be inviting more headaches.

Oh yeah, there's a learning curve and a tuning period. None of these just work out of the box. Frankly, I probably wouldn't have one, but my buddy bought this one and gave it to me because he didn't want to learn how to use it. But he figured if he gave it to me, I'd learn it all and print things for him. He was right, I print and design whatever he wants.

2 Likes

New to the smart in-wall dimmers. Do any of these suggestions control/dimm two independent lights in one US sized gang box? Prefer wifi/zigbee but I'm ok with z-wave if that's all there is.

I saw this but not sure if it's worth it:

That one is for incandescent lighting only, so you wouldn't be able to use LED bulbs with it. It's also the wrong Z-wave frequency for the US. The is the EU z-wave frequency. This won't work with your US hubitat Hub.

In-wall dimmer with 2 paddles to control 2 loads?!? You're lucky if you can fit one in a standard size US gang-box that has attached paddles. But if you want small, there's always the Quibino Flush dimmer. It's so small you could fit it just about anywhere. But it will only control 1 circuit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.