Digital wall calendar setup recommendation?

I would like to have a digital wall calendar for my house. I have considered the Alexa Show 15, but I would prefer to leverage the existing Samsung frame TV I already have in the open family space instead of another screen (another screen doesn't sit well with my wife). I have both FireCube and Apple TV. I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a setup leveraging these devices combo. Ideally, I would like

• Automate so that when there are motion in the living space in the morning, we would show the calendar on the TV
  • On command (via alexa) we would show the calendar on the tv
  • the rest of the time, use a screensaver

Do you also intend to use the TV for watching shows/movies, playing video games, etc?

Or just for this purpose?

The TV will be used for watching TV, games and other TV purpose. I just want the calendar for certain time of the day or ondemand

Have you looked at the magicmirror project?

What calendar are you using?

Dakboard is pretty decent for calendar and screensaver as well.

After some research, here is the setup I am going to be using. Figure, i'll share with the community.

Goal: Show calendar on TV when I wake up in the morning or on demand in the bedroom and living room.

1. Setup calendar using Dakboard.com they have a great simple board for free with calendar and tasks integration.
  2. On TV open the built in Internet Browser App, connect the TV to the dakboard view.
  3. Change the Browser setting so that it launches the dakboard url when it starts up
  4. Install Samsung remote tv (2016 or later) in hubitat
  5. On TV enable IP address access in Settings > Network > Expert Settings
  6. Add TV as a virtual driver with the TV IP address.
  7. You can automate the normal automation using your favorite trigger, and have the outcome action to turn on TV then launch the browser app action.
1 Like