Did anyone experience misfires on 2.2.4

I've been one of the lucky ones so far but since 2.2.4 my motion sensors trigger but my lights don't always come on. It started 2/3 days of install I rebooted and it seemed to be fine again then a number of days later it starts to do it again. Reboot seems to make it happy,

Just wondered if anyone else had the same issue...I've not had chance to diagnose it yet.

I've seen a couple of my WC pistons not firing as they should recently. Things have been rock solid for months. All of these are hub meshed zigbee outlets.
I can't seem to find out why.
I have done 2 things.
Upgrade to 2.2.4.xxx and started to use hub mesh instead of hubconnect.
Either of these could be causing this or it might just be one of those things.

I'm now checking to see if my devices that are 'hub meshed' are going OFFLINE momentarily and this is causing the failures.
I've written a piston which will tell me if any devices do go OFFLINE. We shall see. :thinking: :face_with_monocle:

EDIT: I've also paused the WC piston and re-route the rule in RM to see if things change.

All my rules are in Node Red, so I was surprised when this started happening.the only change I've made in months is the hub updates.

Are you using Hub Mesh to share devices across hubs.
I have all devices on one hub and all rules/pistons on another, hence using Hub Mesh.

You may not have made physical changes to your devices, but changes within your system can happen without your input, and some of those could negatively impact your experience. Devices within your mesh may go bad, or if you have LAN connected integrations, those may stop communicating, which ultimately affect hub's responsiveness. You've mentioned that a reboot seems to make your hub happy, I would check LAN connected devices first. Past Logs in this case are the best place to start.

1 Like

I have seen a similar misfire with one of my RM rules that had a simple unlock and turn on lights.
Most of the time it worked but at least once a day it would miss.
I redid the RM role into 2 seperate action rules.
Will see if that fixed it.
Or it could be that my Schlage Zwave plus lock is causing the problem.
A similar rule with my Schlage ZigBee lock works 100%

The one thing this has done is get me to write a rule to monitor if my Hub Meshed devices go OFFLINE or not. I was wondering and now I will know. :grin:

I'm seeing issues with motion detectors, Smartthings button, some switches. I skipped first few 2.2.4 releases and updated beginning with one update before 2.2.4.148 whatever that release number was. Now with 2.2.4.148 still seeing things misbehaving. At times devices and dashboards feel super fast and at other times things don't fire at all. Before 2.2.4 everything was stable.

1 Like

I have a lot of lights and switches that go unresponsive. If I manually turn it on or off the state changes on the device but it doesn't want to change through the interface. The one room that always seems to work through motion lighting has a zwave motion sensor (aeon motion sensor 6) and zigbee light bulbs. It's becoming a big chore to try and diagnose it every day. I bought a second hub and meshed it just to run my webcore pistons on thinking that the timers might be causing the issues but it hasn't helped.

Do you use Node-Red or RM to identify hub mesh devices that go offline? Iā€™m not a Node-Red guy so Iā€™m trying to figure out how to use RM to identify hub mesh probs. Iā€™m a bit stumped for the moment.

@bobbyD can you elaborate a bit on this? Like wifi bulbs?

webCoRE. But I'm sure the principle will be the same under RM.

Ah yes, that makes total sense. I didn't realize hubmeshDisabled was a (new) attribute. Easy enough. Thanks.