Device randomly not firing

Take a look at this article if you haven't already...

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Zigbee_Mesh

i was just looking for that thanks
question. i probably didn't give device time to find route before automating it. I ran a device monitor and got many "device reconnected " notifications through out the day
what is my solution to that?
1 remove it from automation and forget device and re-pair? will that reset the device?

The device (or hub) finds a route when the device is originally paired. If it doesn't find a route it won't pair. So once it's paired and seems to be working, you're good to go. The route may change over time, but that shouldn't stop you from automating away. I might perhaps make an exception if adding a lot of devices in a short period, but generally I don't think you need to worry about it.

I'm not sure which device monitor you mean or what it means by "device reconnected" but it is normal for a battery operated "sleepy" device to only wake up when it needs to. For instance if you have a motion sensor it's only going to wake up when it sees motion, or to report battery level, or on a regular polling schedule. It is common to see them go dark and reconnect periodcally. If you see a device go dark for a couple of days, that can indicate an problem.

1 Like

gotcha thank you