Device limit per rule

I have a rule named shutdown that runs at night or when I leave the house. It takes sometimes 2 minutes or more to complete and I wonder if I just have too many actions in one rule. Basically Trigger is a switch turning on (virtual switch) that triggers the rule to turn off all of the lights in the house about 45 or 50 switches.

No, there is no device limit. Does you rule use a single Off action for all of the devices? Are they all z-wave, or a mix?

the devices are all Zwave and it was just a simple Off command. I have broken it down into groups of about 10 staged 5 seconds apart to see if it would help. this is one of the groups now

I don’t know if there’s a Z wave repair utility exposed in hubitat or not, but if there is, run the repair and see if you get any error messages.

I have run it. It is located under Settings/Zwave Information. No errors. It is almost like the hub processor or the Zwave transmitter cant handle the sudden surge of traffic. i also get delays on lighting actions and that appears to be mainly with Zigby motion to Zwave switches.

1 Like

I would suggest to not stage at 5 seconds. Please give me an accurate device count and total time it takes to turn them all off. Also, see if you can capture some logs from your zigbee to z-wave issue.

1 Like

34 switches and I will try to get the Zigbee/zwave issue logged but it is random so it may take a while

It thinks it is doing it but it does not happen. these are GE Wall Switches or dimmers and Iris Motion sensors

Another. I just told Alexa to set living room light to 50%. It thinks it did but nothing show up for Living Room light in the log even and the light does not turn on

Your screenshot shows that your hub already thinks the light is on. Click Off and try again to see if that works. This may have to do with you physically turning off that light and it not being recorded. That is something I have logged here:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.