Device command buttons - call remotely

Is there any way to call the device command buttons remotely? I feel like there should be an easy method, but my brain isnt working on a Monday morning. Use case: I have some garage door notifications where certain lights around the home turn red when the garage door is open. Occassionally, the garage door contact sensor doesnt report as closed. I'd like to press a button/tell google home that the garage door is indeed shut, by pressing this button below. Possible?

Also, since I capture the status of the lights as the garage door opens, I need to run the restore part of the rule - that is, I cant simply run a different rule to turn off the lights. I need the contact sensor to report as closed, so the restore happens in the initial rule.

I figured out you can do this via custom actions in RM3.0

Or you could use the Maker API if you're trying to do it remotely as well. I have an app for Android call HTTP shortcuts which is very useful for executing http URLs as shortcuts.

Wow, that's pretty nifty. I just tried it out. Thanks.

1 Like

No problem. It has some cool functions as far as variables go too. So, if you want to send a command with a number value it can display a popup for you to input a number or even a number slider.