[Deprecated] App Watchdog 2

Bryan,

You have two drivers. AW2-Drivers-child.groovy errors when saving and will not save.

I'm guessing you will need this driver to open drivers watchdog to work. If I click on the Add a new "App watchdog 2- Drivers' child, I get an error " Child app not found for namespace: BPTWorld and name: App Watchdog 2 Drivers Child".

Here is the error when trying to save the driver:
No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:App Watchdog 2 Drivers Child, namespace:BPTWorld, author:Bryan Turcotte, ...]]

Nope, Apps Watchdog only has one driver, one parent and two child apps. Your trying to save a 'child app' as a driver, that's why your getting the error when saving.

Got it.. Thanks Bryan.

1 Like

hey i'm trying to install the driver child device (after installing the others) and am getting this error on save:
No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:App Watchdog 2 Drivers Child, namespace:BPTWorld, author:Bryan Turcotte, ...]]

Looks like you're trying to save it as a 'driver', that is a child app.

hence the name app... thanks!

1 Like

I am adding the driver "App Watchdog 2 Driver Child" and I am getting the following Error on Save:

"No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:App Watchdog 2 Drivers Child, namespace:BPTWorld, author:Bryan Turcotte, ...]]"

What can I do?

LJ

The App Watchdog 2 Driver Child is an app and not a driver.

2 Likes

OK, Should have assumed that. Thanks.

LJ

1 Like

I have looked all over to see how to add the Developer Lists using the json files above. I have installed the parent and child apps but I can't see where or how to add the lists?

In Child App:
3rd green bar down...

Then on the next screen... 'select a developer to follow' from the drop down.

I didn't realize I had to fill in the time of day to check first. Thanks!

1 Like

OK, I've installed and setup with an apps child. When I go into an app I have installed, say BI Control, and turn on the option for AW2, it asks me to "select App Watchdog Data from the the drop down" but no such entry shows up in the drop down. I installed the parent app, 2 child apps, and the driver. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Sounds like you didn't create a 'virtual device' using the driver provided.

Thanks

Thanks! The instructions didn't mention doing that unless I missed it (I read everything 3 times).

1 Like

When I go to add the driver child, I get this error:

I get the same error @geraldbrent1 is getting. Any update?

No update needed. The App Watchdog 2 Driver Child is an app and not a driver. This has been mentioned many times.

Thanks,
Got it working, the naming convention got me.

1 Like

Exactly this. I had a heck of a time trying to get the list of developers until I had read through this entire thread to find your comment about having to enter the time first.

@bptworld, perhaps this is something that could be changed or added to the instructions on the Child app when creating ?