[Deprecated] App Watchdog 2

I get the same error @geraldbrent1 is getting. Any update?

No update needed. The App Watchdog 2 Driver Child is an app and not a driver. This has been mentioned many times.

Thanks,
Got it working, the naming convention got me.

1 Like

Exactly this. I had a heck of a time trying to get the list of developers until I had read through this entire thread to find your comment about having to enter the time first.

@bptworld, perhaps this is something that could be changed or added to the instructions on the Child app when creating ?

Bryan,
Any of the installed apps I select are getting an error when debugging and tracing. I set WD2 to watch one app. Thanks

App: Tile Master

Did you setup the virtual device? And then select this device in each app that you want to track?

Yes. I just selected Tile Master only to test.

Nope, you need to make a App watchdog 2 virtual device to use in the App watchdog section of each app.

Got it now. A little slow here:joy:

I created Virtuals naming each:
bptworld- "Driver name" AW2
Driver watchdog does not see the following drivers:

-Life360 Container
-Life360 user
-Pollen Forecaster
-Send to Hub CATT Driver

Adding the Snapshot Driver causes an error when you run the report.

2020-01-02 09:22:11.490 pm [error]java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'updateVersion' is not supported by device. on line 367 (pageDriverstoUpdate)

That's not needed. Please go back and read the second post in this thread (how to setup the app).

Also, I did just update a few drivers to make them more compatible with AW2. More to do but don't have time right now.

Thanks

Hi, I am having issues with this app in that the report produced displays as follows:-

This would make me assume that all apps are up-to-date, however I was expecting to see a list of the apps installed, selected from the developers list, and their individual revision status as noted in your install instructions:-

I have had a look at my error log and I get the following error:-

Please can you advise as to where I may be going wrong with the setup?

Working Bryan. Thanks for your patience...

1 Like

Did you create the Virtual Device using the provided driver? And then add that device to each app you want to track?

Sorted thanks! I was wondering how the app linked with the Virtual Device Driver. Just missed the setting as follows:-

1 Like

Did you sunset App Watchdog 2?

Yes, all my apps now use the Hubitat Package Manager as the preferred way to install and update.

2 Likes

Hi can you please give a link to 'App Watchdog 2'
thanks

As indicated by @bptworld in the first post of this thread, this app is deprecated in favor of Hubitat Package Manager.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.