[Deprecated] Wake Me Up

Not so much the gear icon stuff. But always need a screenshot of the debug log. Also helps to see just how you have the app setup.

Thanks

When reporting problems...

• Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
  • Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
  • Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.
  1. First step is to configure the Wake Me Up automation the way you want it to run.

2. Before saving the automation, enable logging...you should see an Enable Debug Options toggle like below near the bottom of the page in the automation. Turn it on, and then choose how many hours you want the logging to run.

1. Then, since this is a wake-up automation the five hour maximum logging window isn't long enough to go overnight, so temporarily configure your Wake Me Up automation so you can test it now. E.g., if the current time is 3:50 PM, change a 6:30 AM wake up to a 4:00 PM wake up so you can get it to run now while you're waiting for it. Then save the automation.

2. Then click on the "Logs" section in Hubitat to start live logging.

3. When the automation runs the logs sceen will show the actions of the automation (along w/other things going on in your hub). When you see the logs run you'll also see the name of your automation appear at the top of the Logs screen. If you click on that name only the logs from your automation will appear below in the Logs section. Below is an example of the logs from another of Bryan's apps:

1. Copy (take screen shots) the log entries from your automation and post them here in in this thread.

Include a short/concise description of how you configured the app and a couple screen shots of the app screens might help.

That should do it. @bptworld is very responsive when he can see what you're doing and what the result is in Hubitat logs. I promise not to ask him to look at any of my logs for the next four hours so he'll be available. :wink:

2 Likes

Ask and you shall recieve. Here are the screen shots for the log and then for the app configuration

There really isn't much in the logging. I have actually developed a few apps of my own on the Smartthings platform and what it looks like is something isn't being passed to the modeule "magicHappensHandler" from the event created by the switch selected for the ondemand switch device. So it kind of falls on it's face before it even starts.

This instance that is failing is just using a virtual switch to trigger the action. When that switch is flipped to on this is the error that is triggered. If i set it to use time it seems to work fine.

@danabw

Something else that may be important to know is that i don't see one of the options you show in your screen shots. I see an option to turn "Enable Debug logging". I do not see an option to use Short or Long logs. I used "Hubitat Package Manager" to load the application. Is that an old version.

My current version showing up when loaded that way is version 1.1.2

I actually expierenced the same problem a while ago and just gave up on getting it to work off a virtual switch. If I have time this weekend, I will set it back up and capture some logs.

@bptworld

So i have kind of found a solution for the switch not working, but i suspect it will break other things. So after reviewing the program and thinking about it i think i found where the break down was. Simply put the line 372 were the "magicHappendsHandler" is defined it doesn't specify a parameter value for the event. It is just (). I updated mine to have (evt) just to test and it appears that it allowed the switch to work. I don't think that is a complete solution though as some of the event subscriptions in the early part of the app don't seem to need to pass a event value to the program routine.

I would suggest a quick change to add simple program routine that is used when the event is called for the event driven subscriptions to simply call the "magicHappendsHandler" routine from.

That's just because @bptworld didn't add that option to this app. My screen shots were from his (more complex) Event Engine app.

@bptworld @gnufsh @djh_wolf

I did a little bit more to try to ensure i didn't break anything else while fixing the issue.

I have updated a fork of the repo and created a pull request for the update I made to help ondemand switches work. Hopefully once it is merged this will help those that are having the same problem.

2 Likes

New version on GitHub...

1.1.3 - 12/04/20 - Updates by @Mavrrick58

Thank you!

Hello Bryan, I have a (hopefully minor) request for this app.

The pre-defined colors in this app don't always render exactly correctly, or more likely there are quirks with drivers for some devices. My Lightify bulb for example turns on nearly lime green color when you select "Daylight - Energize" within this app. Other bulbs with that same setting appear much closer to what I would call 5000K or so, fairly close to daylight.

Could we maybe get a custom color temperature setting either in addition to or instead of, the predefined white colors?

I have never tried the predefined RGB colors in this app, so I am not sure about those, but maybe there could be a custom Hue, Saturation, Level (HSL) there too?

Thanks!

Sorry, not in the cards for this app. All colors are based on HUE bulbs.

Fair enough.

So if I modify the child app hues and saturations, starting at about line 660, would that fix this for me? Or will I break something else in the app?

Sure, that'll do it. Won't break anything at all.

Is it possible to add Modes to this? I would only want it to run when Night Mode is on. If it’s not Night, I must be up already!

1 Like

I would love a mode restriction as well.

Do you have any issue with me looking to see what would be needed to add color temp. The preset colors don't seem to work well with the Philips Wifi Bulbs so far from what i am seeing. It also seems that when not setting the color temp and just using color it seems to be a bit dimmer. The colors seems to be off a little bit as other have said. Not exactly sure how the scale is off though. Color is color unless it is a bulb calibration issue with the LED.

1 Like

None at all, feel free to modify whatever you want/need.

@bptworld

I just created a pull request for my updated code to set Color temp instead of hue.

1 Like

New version on GitHub...

1.1.3 - 12/04/20 - Updates by @Mavrrick58

Thanks

Are the device options supposed to work with a virtual switch?

I've got a child app set up to turn on my bedroom light and also hit a virtual switch that will swap the mode by using rule machine. The debug logs show that the trigger time activates the child and I see it turn on the light at the designated level, etc, but I never see anything go to activate the virtual switch.

Logs for reference -

And most of the child config to show the virtual switch that should be activated as part of it -

If this doesn't end up working, I'll just swap to a time based rule or something to change the mode in the morning anyway, I appreciate how effectively it worked when I was messing with dimming the light up which was the main goal.