[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, version 1.7.**

Yes. In fact, some manufacturers (eg. Flair - whose vents are crap) claim to measure static pressure and keep vents open to ensure that it doesn't exceed specified limits.

Yeah... and besides, do you know how expensive it is to replace all your vents in every room? It's insane. I looked at the pricing -- I was like, "Whoa"...

1 Like

BTW, I happened on this thread because I just purchased an Ecobee. Brand new -- $158. Can't wait to get it in. At the same time I'm having Airtron install a whole home humidifier. It will reduce the chances of nail pops since I just bought the home and I'm heading into low humidity winter time.

@storageanarchy Any plans to ever support the switch+ through this? Right now I need to run both this and the built in integration to support my light switches.

Sorry, @dman2306, I don't have any Ecobee Switches so I don't have any plans to add support for them.

I looked at the SmartThings-provided driver, and it appears that the Ecobee switch devices are still only polled devices so the integration isn't very responsive (could take up to 5 minutes to realize that the switch has been turned on/off manually). OK, if you only want to control the switch, I guess...

New Updates for Ecobee Suite posted on 14 November 2019 at 4:10pm EST

Updates include:

• Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.7.38
    • NEW FEATURE When thermostat has Auto Mode disabled, changing setpoints no longer requires the enforcement of heatCoolMinDelta, nor is the heatingSetpoint required to be less than the coolingSetpoint.
    • calls to addSensorToProgram(), deleteSensorFromProgram() and setProgramSetpoints() are now serviced out of a queue, to avoid collisions and corruption of the request. Single requests are serviced within 2 seconds, but if a burst of requests come in, they will each be delayed uyp to 15 seconds from the last request.
  • Ecobee Suite Open Contacts, version 1.7.38
    • NEW FEATURE Customizable notifications, which allows you to customize/tailer the open/close notification messages in a variety of ways. Implemented in order to make announced/spoken messages more natural.
  • Ecobee Suite Thermal Comfort, version 1.7.19
    • No longer enforces rules on heating/cooling setpoints if the thermostat is not configured for Auto Mode
    • Customizable notifications
  • Ecobee Suite Thermostat, version 1.7.29
    • No longer enforces rules on heating/cooling setpoints if the thermostat is not configured for Auto Mode
    • fixed a typo in setProgramSetpoints()

These updates are recommended for all Ecobee Suite users

2 Likes

Ecobee Suite Quiet Time updated 17 Nov 2019 at 9:30am EST

• Ecobee Suite Quiet Time, version 1.7.08
    • Fixes typo that caused Helper not to offer to turn off Humidifier if the Thermostat has one configured

This fix is recommended for all users of Quiet Time

1 Like

Hey @storageanarchy,

Quick question while trying to troubleshoot a slow hub. I'm seeing values like:

Updates sent (1465 / 34696ms)

~35 seconds seems like a lot... but I'm not positive what that number actually represents. I have 6 room sensors and the thermostat itself. I've got the app scheduled to update every 5 mins.

Thanks!

p.s. Just got "Updates sent (8042 / 42464ms)" next time it ran...
And "Updates sent (1815 / 31469ms)" the following after that

Yes, those are large numbers. I see them too, and I can't explain why, but rebooting the hub almost always brings them back down to reasonable numbers.

FWIW, it's basically saying that it took 34.696 seconds to collect and parse all the data from Ecobee, and 1.465 seconds to send the changed data to the thermostat(s) and sensor(s).

I suspect some sort of resource leak, and/or runaway CPU consumption on the hub itself. And oddly, some people experience it, while others never see their Ecobee Suite cycles take more than 5-7 seconds...

Ecobee Suite Smart Mode updated 18 Nov. 2019 at 11:10am EST

• Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.7.20
    • Cleans up Notifications selector for SmartThings
    • Removed SMS notifications for HE (must use a Notification Device that provides SMS messaging)

**NOTE: ** If you use Echo Speaks, the various Echo Speaks devices should be presented as "Notification Devices" for both SmartThings and Hubitat. And with the latest versions of the Echo SPeeaks device drivers, there is a Preferences setting that will cause deviceNotifications to be preceeded by the Amazon "bing-bonk" alert tone. Thanks to @tonesto7 for that enhancement!

3 Likes

Ecobee Suite Working From Home updated 19 November 2019 at 2:30pm EST

• Ecobee Suite Working From Home, version 1.7.13
    • Clean up Notifications section for ST users
    • Remove SMS texts for HE users
    • Added customizable notifications for both ST & HE users

This update is recommended for all users of ES Working From Home

1 Like

Ecobee Suite Helpers updated 20 November 2019 at 1:30pm EST

• Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.7.21
    • Fixed missing notification on Mode changes
    • Added customized notifications
  • Ecobee Suite Working From Home, version 1.7.14
    • Fixed customized notifications that weren't being customized
    • Cleaned up extraneous log messages

These updates are recommended for all users of Smart Mode and Working From Home

2 Likes

Ecobee Suite Smart Mode updated 21 November 2019 at 7:50am EST

• Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.7.22
    • Fixed a typo that was preventing mode changes when the internal temperatures exceeded their setpoints
1 Like

Ecobee Suite Smart Vents updated on 21 November 2019 at 11:55pm EST

• Ecobee Suite Smart Vents, version 1.7.13
    • Code optimizations in insideChangeHandler() to avoid execution timeout errors on SmartThings platform (runs more efficiently on Hubitat, too!)

This update is recommended for all users of ES Smart Vents on SmartThings

fwiw, I'm working with HE support to address both my hub having it's network connection flap (fixed that), and a zwave lock that's flooding the hub (working on that one). So that MAY explain some of the slowness.

A reboot did fix for the time being.

Ecobee Suite Updates posted on 24 November 2019 at 7:50am EST

Changes include:

• Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.7.39
    • Fixes a type checking error when either heatingSetpoint() or coolingSetpoint() is omitted from call to setProgramSetpoints()
  • Ecobee Suite Routines, version 1.7.17
    • New option to disable Notifications if the HVAC Mode is 'off'
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.7.23
    • Fixes a typo that prevented some internal temperature-driven changes
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Vents, version 1.7.15
    • Optimizations to avoid the dreaded SmartThings execution timeout exceptions
    • New Feature: Option to specify vent status when HVAC is running Fan Only - choices are open, closed or unchanged. Replaces old option to close vents on Fan Only (existing installations automatically converted on upgrade to this version).
    • New Feature: Option to specify the maximum vent level (in addition to existing minimum vent level setting). For rooms that you know don't need fully-open vents to heat/cool effectively.
    • When setting thermostat offsets for the target setpoints, Helper now displays the actual temperatures that will be watched for on the sensors for that room's setpoints.

1 Like

Ecobee Suite Smart Vents updated 25 November 2019 at 11:00am EST

• Ecobee Suite Smart Vents, version 1.7.17
    • Fixes condition where vent state would not be changed as expected

This update is recommended for all users of ES Smart Vents

1 Like

Ecobee Suite Updates posted 29 November 2019 at 4:30pm EST

Fixes include:

• Ecobee Suite Thermostat, version 1.7.30
    • Code optimizations to avoid SmartThings timeouts in setProgramSetpoint()
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Vents, version 1.7.17
    • Fixed another condition where vents open/close operations weren't working

1 Like

Ha. What’s even more expensive is having someone run/add a separate mechanical zone/damper. I was quoted several thousand dollars just for one added zone upstairs (and we have cathedral ceilings which suck up all the heat), so I splurged on the Keen Vents at under $1k for every room. It’s not the best system by far, but compared to before it’s like night and day. Finicky but with no regrets. Plus the savings you’ll see if set correctly could balance itself out in a year or two.

Are you seeing better distribution of heat throughout the house particularly in the winter when the downstairs is normal and the upstairs is a sauna? I priced out the Keen's and I was like dang, that's gonna be expensive for a bunch of rooms.

1 Like