[DEPRECATED] Universal Ecobee Suite, version 1.7.**

Fixed - please get the updated ES Thermostat and ES Sensor code again...

Thank-you, both drivers loaded correctly

Unable to select my thermostat when trying to add a helper app. For example I'm trying to set up New Mode Helper so my Ecobee changes based on my modes, but there is no thermostat in the drop down. I've already when through the process of setting everything up and connecting it to my account. Added the thermostat and sensors in the initial set up. It's juste when I got into helpers, there is not thermostat to select.

Hmmm...odd.

Let's start with a few questions:

Are your Thermostat and Sensors showing up in the Devices page?

What happens when you click on your Thermostat on the Devices page?

Are you installing/creating the New Mode Helper from within Ecobee Suite Manager/Helpers?

I didn't add the Ecobee Thermostat first using the built in app, I installed Ecobee Suite first. That didn't show the thermostat or the sensors. After I installed Ecobee Suite, I went and used the built in Ecobee connection and that made the thermostat and sensors show up even though I had checked them originally in Ecobee Suite. It's been long time since I set this up on ST and had to mess with it, I forgot some stuff.

Should I not have added the Ecobee with the built in Ecobee connection? Or should I have done that first and then added Ecobee Suite?

And yes I was trying to add the helping from with the suite.

Ecobee Suite Helpers will only work with Ecobee Suite Thermostats and Sensors...

While you can use both Ecobee Suite and the built-in support at the same time, the two are entirely separate from each other. You have to install the Ecobee Thermostats from within Ecobee Suite Manager if you want them to work with Ecobee Suite.

Unless you have a reason for using both, Ecobee Suite should be all that you need - it does everything that the native support does, and more (and better).

My advice is to remove BOTH the native support and Ecobee Suite, then follow the directions explicitly for installing the Ecobee Suite.

ya I only added the built in one after nothing was showing up in the Ecobee Suite when I selected them.

Deleted both, redid the Ecobee Suite and they show up this time.

1 Like

I am having a strange issue with the latest version of this software. I installed all of the update drivers and apps yesterday and when I went into the helper for Smart Mode, Programs & Setpoints, I am no longer able to see the different thermostat modes. When I pull down the box, all I have is Click to Set instead of heat, cool, auto.
80%206f0eb735ff18

I have tried to uninstall all of the apps and devices and rebuild them but it still is a problem. It seems like the driver is not pulling the modes from Ecobee.

This was working in the previous version I was using which I believe was 1.7.43.

Please let me know if other information is needed.

Thanks!

Fix will be posted momentarily...

Ecobee Suite 1.8.** Updates posted on Feb 28, 2020 at 11:00am EST

Fixes & enhancements include:

• Ecobee Suite Manager, version 1.8.03
    • Updated WARNING and NOTES: formatting
  • Ecobee Suite Routines, version 1.8.02
    • Updated WARNING formatting
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Mode, version 1.8.02
    • Fixed Mode selection error (mode selection list was blank)
  • Ecobee Suite Smart Vents, version 1.8.02
    • Add the option to also close vents when contact is open and thermostat is running "fan only"
    • Fixed too many ES sensors error message when 0 ES sensors selected
  • Ecobee Suite Working From Home, version 1.8.02

NOTE: The remaining Helpers will have their WARNING/NOTE formatting updated along with future bug fixes.

These updates are recommended for all users

2 Likes

Thank you @storageanarchy for the quick fix! I have installed the latest fixes and everything is back to working like it should! Great job!

Glad I waited until today to to the update. :grinning:

So many hot fixes so little time. Glad I got a extra day this month to do this. But for me so far so good with the update.

Need Help

Good day ladies and gents. First of all thanks for this app. I just installed 2 days ago. I just installed the Manager Suite 1.8.02, not the helper apps. I have 2 Ecobee devices, one upstairs and downstairs. On my ecobee upstairs, I am able to use setThermostatMode(off, cool, heat, auto), however, on my ecobee downstairs, I can only do setThermostatMode(off), not anything else. I have "warn: Requested Thermostat Mode (cool) is not supported by EcobeeTherm: Thermostat Downstairs" BTW, I have 2 ecobee 3 lite. Thanks.

THIS RELEASE IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED

Please use the thread for the new release here:

Would you mind editing the original post with the new link? It's a long scroll to figure this out.

Done! (and thanks for the reminder)

I'm out of likes. :heart:

Noticed the new thread, I have moved my post there.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.