[DEPRECATED]TuyaHubitat - (jinvoo, smart life, tuya smart - switches only)

@keithcroshaw See earlier in the thread #75. We can now OTA flash the bulbs without opening them. Easy if you have a Rasberry pi. There are some bulbs not working with this but you have to attempt the flash before you will know if the current TuyOTA works or not. There is work in progress to fix the ones that do not

@JulesT Do you mean PWM instead of PCM? I'm not getting RGB color on the Merkury bulb with thw PWM settings. may have a differnt pin out

@JulesT can you give me a link to where you got your bulbs? 'electriQ' RGBWW Tuya-style bulbs

I thought I was picking up on that.
Ok I've got a Pi at my disposal.
I'll wait till the dust settles then?

Is RBGW working well?

Heya.

Right... Yes... I meant PWM, not PCM. Brain-fart, I'm afraid.

In terms of deducing the pin-out... I did it by simply setting the module to generic...
.. .and then trying setting 'PWM1' on just a single GPIO pin in turn. Save the configuration... and then see if the toggled on light works, and if it does, whether the one fader you've got to play with changes the brightness.

If it does... that'll tell you (a) that pin does something, and (b) which colour it's controlling.

Best Regards,

Jules

PS. Link here: electriQ Smart dimmable colour Wifi Bulb with B15 bayonet ending - Alexa & Google Home compatible - Laptops Direct

I've never heard of Laptops Direct, or the bulbs, or anything similar, but they WERE B15, which was basically my criteria :wink:

-- Jules

@JulesT What version of tasmota did you end up on? 6.4?

Ah on the bulb. I'll have to order something States side.

I am going to try and flash the only single plug I have at my disposal today. There seem to be lots of drivers around that use this firmware or a derivative of it. Hopefully there is something around that will me point me in the right direction to create a driver. I believe @damon.dinsmore has already found a driver that works for the bulbs. If the node server can be eliminated this seems to be the way to go.

Perhaps a new topic should be created to keep all this info easy to find in one place?

1 Like

@cwwilson08 Agreed on the new topic. Would you mind creating it? Also probably need one for flashing other Tuya devices so we dont continue to jack this thread.

1 Like

Agreed it should be split even though I'm more interested in where the new one is going. lol

My one experience with Tassmota, there were many nights where my board would get stuck in this state. It would come back eventually but I don't know what was happening...

@damon.dinsmore if I achieve some success with the switches I will.

1 Like

@cwwilson08 Here is the link to the driver i used for Hubitat.

I can only get it to do on off and dim but i can only get white still in the web interface. @JulesT can you see if it controls color for your bulb?

1 Like

Ok so found a thread talking about the tuya bulbs that uses the chipset SM16716 for the RGB LED controller. Once this is released the bulbs will be able to work with RGB properly. So as a driver is created for Hubitat it will hopefully have this functionality.

How are you talking to these things?
MQTT or http?
I thought color worked for tasmota using MQTT...

This is probably really similar to the Sonoff 4 Channel and only needs the GPIO pin numbers updated for it to work with my firmware.

@ericm once these are determined will you be willing to add that and modify any new Device Handlers?

Ok @damon.dinsmore and @JulesT I'm joining the party.
I have the software running on my Pi.
I seem to be getting some successful results but at the end of the day it's still not switching firmware.
I do get this:

Response: HTTP/1.1 200 OK
{"t":1548135327,"e":false,"success":false,"errorCode":"SING_VALIDATE_FALED_TOKEN_EXPIRE","errorMsg":"非法请求"}
Shutting down...

Sound familiar? Did I miss a step?
Thanks!

@keithcroshaw ok I've seen that error before. But I'm going to ask a few questions to get a good idea of what you have.

1. Ver of pi
  2. Ver of Raspbian
  3. Product your trying to OTA update
    1. Ver of pi: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
  1. Ver of Raspbian: VERSION="9 (stretch)"
  2. Product your trying to OTA update: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D13LS7Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@keithcroshaw Ok so open tuyota.pl and edit line 277 or so

change :
my $payload = sprintf('{"passwd":"%s","ssid":"%s","token":"EUb6IPWXYTn455"}',$Password,$SSID);
to:
my $payload = sprintf('{"passwd":"%s","ssid":"%s","token":""}',$Password,$SSID);

And post the result

1 Like