[DEPRECATED] Tasmota 7.x/8.x firmware for Hubitat + Tuya, Sonoff and other drivers

Then you should be receiving the updates, you have access to the closed beta, try that driver so we can eliminate driver issues. Let's continue this talk in the closed beta thread.

Yes, this is unrelated.

Hey thanks for doing this work! Just flashed a SonOff basic with your 8x firmware, added the app and drivers. Worked flawlessly!

Happy to be able to use these relays with HE!

1 Like

Hi Markus. I see you've been doing a tonne of work. Did you ever fire up that 2-gang dimmer module?

What I ordered turned out to be the wrong model: QS-WIFI-D02-TRIAC

I've not been able to find the 2-gang dimmer one on taobao.com... Since I live in China I can't order from aliexpress or other places delivering to overseas. Sometimes that makes it a bit complicated.

@markus

Do you happen to know which of your firmware (if any) will work on a ESP8285? Specifically i have this device:

https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sonoff_DIY_1ch

Just use the tasmota-hubitat.bin.
An esp8285 is just an esp8266 with the flash integrated.

Thanks. I think this one might need the "sensor" ...it was sold as a garage door momentary switch, and has a small check for a magnetic sensor.

Now I just have to figure out how the hell to flash this thing without a soldering iron.

Magnetic sensors are actually aren't set up as real sensors in tasmota but you may as well flash the 'sensor' firmware incase you need.
And good luck flashing it without soldering :grinning:

1 Like

@markus

Just wanted to ask if you going to release Tasmota for hubitat 8.2.0 or are there no real advantages to this release? If so will this work with your current "beta" drivers.

I use pogo pins for those types of devices.

Sensor-version is not needed, this is just as @at9 says not really a sensor in that sense of the word.

I am, just not prioritized it, was supposed to do it this weekend, but something else took my attention the little bit of time I had.
It does have advantages and is needed, it also has some fixes for Rules that I need for a special device to work (a diffuser).

It will

bleh, so far I only got it into flash mode once, and pin slipped right after ACK.

All of the online videos show a slightly different model with 2 buttons....so I'm shorting while holding the other button....but I get no lights for status.

The one time it "worked" I dont remember what i did (of course, lol)

2 Likes

The first device I did this on before getting my weighted pogo pins convinced me of buying them, after that I have never looked back. It makes things so much easier. Not sure where you can buy that stuff outside of China (where I live).

Yea i will order them online and try that.

I think i can actually get it with the pins....I just need to be able to reliably get it into flash mode.

1 Like

When v8.2.0 be available?

When I have the time

2 Likes

Mainly I am interested it will be upgrade able through Web UI, cause I need to solder to install Tasmota, so should I wait or it will be OK, thanks

Once you have Tasmota installed you can install upgrades via the web UI

Hi @markus

My first attempt at Tasmota and all, I've managed to successfully flash a Lenovo IR controller (Lenovo Smart IR Controller | JB Hi-Fi) which is basically another OEM of the Tuya UFO-1 device.
I see that it is externally physically identical to the "Nedis Universal IR Bridge" in the Tasmota device list, with the following Template:
{"NAME":"Nedis IR Bridge","GPIO":[255,255,255,255,56,51,0,0,0,17,8,0,0],"FLAG":0,"BASE":62}

@jchurch 's wiki said to ping you to create the Driver based on this template...

is this everything you need?

@sanewton72 The IR device support is a bit special, currently there is only receiving support in any driver of mine. I've not had any real requests for these drivers and I've not had any real use for them yet. I do have use coming up for them so I will add sending IR signal support soonish.
With that said, it IS possible to control the IR device through direct Tasmota commands using my Closed Beta driver not yet openly released, I've been wanting docs to be better before release, but I guess it's past time releasing already.
I will add that device to the Closed Beta driver and it will be available when released. To use it you will have to send IR commands (or RAW) directly through the "Send Command" command in the parent driver. You can use RM to send commands with that function.

hi @markus thanks for the prompt reply, i understand what you're saying, RM control is fine, i use RM for a fair amount of my stuff anyway, the logic control flexibility and local execution is why I went with Hubitat in the first place, and i'm looking to do some interesting stuff with it as i get more proficient with it and the ecosystem evolves with official and community apps like yours :slight_smile:
and while i'm on topic, thanks for your efforts on this project!
any sense on an ETA to get my hands on the beta and device? (i'm not being pushy, just looking to set my own expectations (the first use case is split-system A/C control in my 3yr old daughter's bedroom, with the Aussie winter just starting it would be very useful).