[DEPRECATED] Tasmota 7.x/8.x firmware for Hubitat + Tuya, Sonoff and other drivers

So across vlans, you can not use MAC address as network id. That’s because all devices on the other vlan would have the Mac of your router/firewall. That’s how Networks work. On the same subnet you use MAC address of the device to communicate to it, on different vlan you use the Mac of your default gateway(router/firewall) to communicate to it.

If you are talking across a firewall, you’ll need firewall rules.

If you not versed in networks and subnets and firewall, might be best to keep everything on the same vlan. Unless you really know why you segment your network, why do it?

2 Likes

Thanks - I didn't know that.

yep all sorted on my network!

1 Like

Hi @markus, hope you're well. I've got a quick one. I'm interested in getting a wifi wall light switch no neutral. It's a product that i could find here in amazon UK. it's called yagusmart, but in essence it's Tuya as it will need smartlife app to get it connected.
Just wondering if you or anyone has come across in flashing them to tasmota and if we have the driver for it.

Thanks

1 Like

@j2hdwd See if you can find your device here:

If you find it there, there's a working driver. Most likely it will work, but there's a few Tuya wall switches which use a different chip than what is needed for Tasmota, but not many.

1 Like

Hi @markus,

I have a few Feit bulbs (bought from Costco) that I'm trying to set up - the template is Feit Electric BPA800/RGBW/AG/2 800lm RGBCCT Bulb. Which driver should I use?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

This driver should work until the new driver is released:
Generic RGB/RGBW Controller/Bulb/Dimmer , RGB+WW+CW should all work properly, RAW

The commands mentioned in the template page needs to be set manually for now. When the new driver is released, remind me about what device you're using and give me this link again and I will add it so that all is auto-configured in that driver.

Excellent! Thanks, will do.

Thanks @markus, the device is not listed. so I'm slightly reluctant to buy it.

@j2hdwd What is the exact product name? A link to where you can buy it can help. I can have a look.

Cheers.

it is this one --> https://amzn.to/2VStnJg

@j2hdwd I can't find anything conclusive on that one, it is using a Tuya generated App, since it's not a US model there are of course no FCC listings, they usually help a lot.
It is likely it will work, but no guarantees. This brand do have devices which have the right chipset. It also looks identical to others that work, so chances are high it would work. Again, no guarantees. Running Tuya Convert on an rPi you would know quickly if it works if you do order it.

Consistently getting this error:

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: Device type 'Tasmota - Sonoff Basic' in namespace 'tasmota' not found

You have not installed the driver "Tasmota - Sonoff Basic" and have either selected that one directly, or the driver you did select has also not been installed.

Thanks @markus, should i use the same method as @digiblur? and should i use your hubitat.bin to flash it with? or hubitat.minimal.bin?

then which driver should I use?

@j2hdwd, fyi, the development version of Tasmota has a new module with native support for PWM dimmers like the Martin Jerry. You won't need @digiblur's version after the next stable release.

How do you mean? @istwok, the device what I'm planning to get is a normal on/off wall switch and not a dimmer or PWM.
I will still have to flash it from tuya/smartlife to tasmota right? or are you saying that it will be like yeelight implementation?
sorry, I don't think I get what you mean.

Sorry, my mistake. I saw the mention of @digiblur and incorrectly assumed you were talking about the use of his custom, Tasmota firmware for the Martin Jerry, PWM-based dimmer. At one point, users had to choose among that custom firmware, @markus' or merging the two themselves. The point of my message was that Tasmota now includes changes that obsolete the need for @digiblur's version.

With the new drivers currently in Closed Beta it wouldn't be needed even now for the Martin Jerry ones.

The initial flash is safest to do with the binary included with TuyaConvert. Follow the instructions written by @jchurch in the wiki (linked to in the first post).

You will might need the unreleased Closed Beta driver. After flashing, make sure to run "reset 5". Then choose module 54 (Tuya).
After setting that module and rebooting the device, PM me with the output from "status 0" and "SerialSend5 55aa0001000000". Then we'll take it from there. If all works as expected, this will be enough to get you the right driver.

The docs for Tasmota are here: Tasmota Documentation - Tasmota

1 Like

thanks @markus, do you have the exact link for this? just incase if I use the wrong one and bricked it. :crazy_face:

thanks!

It is the one installed with TuyaConvert