[DEPRECATED] Tasmota 7.x/8.x firmware for Hubitat + Tuya, Sonoff and other drivers

There's a lot of documentation for this, to prevent causing unnecessary issues, first read this:
https://tasmota.github.io/docs/#/Upgrading?id=migration-path

Then , which version are you at now? If you're above v7.1.2, best let some more experienced people try my firmware I released the binaries for a few minutes ago. Tell me which version you're at and I'll advice from there. Usually you will have to go to tasmota-minimal and then to tasmota-hubitat, but it depends on which version you are at right now. Regardless, before upgrading, the reset-functions described in the link above can be crucial. Since it is a new device you have no settings to lose anyway.

In terms of bricking, it is not likely you have truly bricked it, if it doesn't show up with a wireless network with a name like Tasmota-1234, you can try the tips here:
https://tasmota.github.io/docs/#/help/Device-Recovery?id=recovery-techniques

Especially "Fast Power Cycle Device Recovery"... Even if none of that work, there's still hope.

Tasmota v7.2.0 and v8.1.0 for Hubitat has been released with binaries, please try them, but be careful and be ready to have to recover through TTL... See this post and the first post. I've tested all of these binaries and upgraded back and forth between 7.2.0 and 8.1.0 via the minimal builds over the device webpage without issues, but who knows, more testing would be good.

Hey Markus! Thanks for your prompt reply!
okay...let's start from fresh here...

I'm now going to start flashing a "new" smartplug that's currently still bind to cloud.
the following is steps that I will take from reading your posts: (by following the youtube digiblur instruction to flash)

1. Download tasmota-minimal.bin (v7.1.2) and winscp it to files folder within my pi
  2. Select the bin file to flash

This is where I'm not too sure:
3. I should be able to see Tasmota-XXXX SSID --> connect then select firmware and upload the tasmota-hubitat.bin (v7.1.2)?
Got the files from this link --> Release Tasmota v7.1.2 Betty for Hubitat · markus-li/Tasmota-Hubitat · GitHub

I suppose that should be it?

As for the other link you put above for my bricked plug, the link shows page 404.

I've found it risky to do Tuya Convert with a Minimal build since it leaves parts of the flash memory untouched and this can result in a corrupted config and an unresponsive device, you could be lucky and it works, you may also not be... Tasmota-basic (from v7.2.0 Tasmota-Lite) is usually a safer alternative.

If you use the minimal build and not the basic build, then once you get to the device webpage you can use my binary you're linking to, but run "reset 5" in the console first. If you use Tasmota-basic with Tuya Convert, then first go to MY released tasmota-minimal, then install tasmota-hubitat.

The links have been fixed

Hi Markus, thanks for the link for fast device recovery! you're a life saviour! So instead of flashing another plug, I thought I picked up where I left off with this.
After following the device recovery process, I then found SSID of that plug (tasmota-xxxx).
Connected to it and found that the plug was flashed with 7.2 tasmota, from here, I went and flashed it with your minimalist 7.1.2 then hubitat 7.1.2.
I then was able to enable hue bridge emulation which then followed by putting my hubitat IP and the port for the hub/smartthings section.

2 further pains:(unfortunately)

1. my plug doesn't seems to be delivering power anymore. the button is unresponsive. does that mean that it is now properly bricked?
  2. I am now able to detect the device from my hubitat, but when I tried to add it, it came up with an error --> Error: Device type 'Sonoff POW Wifi Switch' in namespace 'erocm123' not found

Any thoughts?

thanks!

Edited: within the configuration module, it is set as SonOff Basic (1). not sure if this is correct or not. and the toggle on the page doesn't seems to be doing anything either.

All drivers have been updated with capabilities according to the latest best practices, this should not break anything, but if it does, please report it.

The Generic Switch/Plug and Switch/Light are now setting the capabilites correctly for Alexa, please try them and tell me of other drivers where this may be broken if you find any.

This exists as a hidden feature in the Generic Switch/Plug and Generic Switch/Light drivers now. I did add a try-catch statement, just in case.

Is the binary release for 8.1 correct? It's pointing to arendst's releases - was your code accepted into the main tree?

1 Like

No, it just means the configuration isn't right yet, the template must be set correctly. Exactly which device is it? Aoycocr X10S? For the correct template (not needed if I have driver for that SPECIFIC device), check here.

Use my version of Tasmota Connect, not the one from erocm123. Then use either a Generic driver with/without Power Monitor depending on your needs. If you have Aoycocr X10S, then I have a driver specific for that one.
There's a guide here.

No, that was wrong, updated the links, good catch, too many posts and too many links tonight... I've looked at that, it is not a process I'll be even attempting for a long time, not sure I will ever even try after having talked with some of them. It's an amazingly well written piece of code, but adding something like this to it is not very welcomed. So I'll keep my version maintained separately.

No worries, I'm attempting to setup a local OTA repo with all versions so I can upgrade more easily. If I'm on 7.1.6 and put an OTA url of 7.2.0, it never seems to upgrade. Do I need to go to minimal first even if OTA? If you don't know, no worries. Again, thanks for your work on this and all the versions AND support on the drivers!

No, it just means the configuration isn't right yet, the template must be set correctly. Exactly which device is it? Aoycocr X10S? For the correct template (not needed if I have driver for that SPECIFIC device), check here.

No it's actually Aoycocr U3S. I've followed that link and found the template.
I've managed to set everything accept for the that I can see on mine is ADC0

this has now thankfully made the on / on button to be responsive again as well as the toggle on the webui.

Use my version of Tasmota Connect, not the one from erocm123. Then use either a Generic driver with/without Power Monitor depending on your needs. If you have Aoycocr X10S, then I have a driver specific for that one.
There's a guide here.

sorry, not really following this one. when you meant Tasmota Connect, you do mean the bin files that I used to flash this plug with, correct? If yes, then yes I have used yours.
then I added the app code as instructed on the page.
Sorry again as I'm a complete noob here.:sweat_smile:

Edited:
I used the following drivers:

From what I understand you need to have tasmota-minimal.bin on the OTA server, I remember seeing something in the code about it falling back to minimal first if the actual firmware is too large.
Should probably get this up and running myself once I decide to switch over all my devices to 8.1...

1 Like

The "tasmota-generic-pm-plug-expanded.groovy" is the one you would use, since you only have 1 relay. The other two would be if you have more relays.

The app I'm talking about would be this one.

You're almost there, the guide might need to be updated with more details though. @jchurch Can you look at that, please?

Yes, I was just about to reply! I realised what you meant as that erocm123 is the one that ericm wrote and not yours :rofl:

Edited:

tried to add yours and got this error:

and yes, thanks to you, I can feel that I'm very close! :):grin:

Sorry, wrong link, that is the one used for generating this one.

Awesome! App is installed now!
but when I tried to add it manually, I now get this error

I think it's because I named it tasmota

more from logs:

Should I have given a specific name? if yes, sorry, I might have missed that from your instruction. Or have I barked at the wrong tree?

Or

maybe because I named the module U3S?

No, the issue is the driver, if you only installed the PM driver, make sure to select that one when installing the device. The other things does not affect.You might have to add the “generic wifi switch/plug driver”, but it shouldn’t be needed. The App is not something I’ve put much effort into making user friendly, it really needs quite a bit of work... One of these days the App will get an update...

WooHoo!

thanks mate!!!
I'm there now thanks to you!

I would like to learn more about creating drivers, templates etc. can you please lead me into a good tutorial page?

then hopefully, I will then be able to give back to the society sort of speak

1 Like

By the way, when adding to dashboard, which template can I use for the tile?

Edited: used bulb. Working great now thanks to you!!!

1 Like

Switch would be the generic one, there’s other depending on what you think suits the situation. Best is searching the forum and exploring on your own:) There are others that know this part much better than I.

You’re welcome!

I’m not really certain since I’m rather new here and have not really read any such things, I’ve mostly gone for finding specific information when I’ve needed it. With that said, there’s driver examples released by Hubitat on their Github, there’s also the Development docs and for more I’m sure the community in this forum have a lot to offer. Look around some more and I’m sure you’ll find the info you need :slight_smile: