[DEPRECATED] Kasa Plug, Switch, and Bulb integration

Great stuff! Any idea when the next Hubitat release may come out?

BTW that link above says "Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private."; I am a new user not sure if that has anything to do with it.

The standard answer is "when it's ready" :slightly_smiling_face:

The version @djgutheinz referred to has just entered beta test about 1 week ago. So I would anticipate something within the next month.

1 Like

I will look into the error cause and fix for the next version. What driver version? Are you on the Hubitat Beta?

Open and check the value again. The app list is not dynamic, so when hpdating, it will not update on the display until you do a refresh or exit and return to the page.

Did some looking and I could not update.

Probable cause: You had updated the code since you last used the device. There were some changes (about 6 months ago). If you did not do a save preferences, the data elements / states may not have been correct - therefore the error.

That makes sense to me - thanks for looking!

1 Like

So I'm stumpped. I just added a new plug to the integration, and all my other kasa devices in hubitat quit working.

I can still control them from the kasa app, but nothing from in hubitat on the device page works.

I did the comms check, and the hub can ping all my devices okay (below). I've also power cycled devices and rebooted the hub.

Below "3D Printer" is the new device I just added, that works. It catches my eye it shows port 9999 but all the other devices show null.

Total Kasa devices: 9
[Ip:Port: [testResults, RSSI, Alias, Driver Version, Installed?]

10.20.20.40:null: [PASSED, -37, Garage Hill, 6.7.1, Yes]
10.20.20.41:null: [PASSED, -42, Garage Lower Lights, 6.7.1, Yes]
10.20.20.42:null: [PASSED, -64, Wall Post, 6.7.1, Yes]
10.20.20.43:null: [PASSED, -75, Deck Outlet 1, 6.7.1, Yes]
10.20.20.43:null: [PASSED, -75, Deck Outlet 2, 6.7.1, Yes]
10.20.20.44:null: [PASSED, -42, TestPlug, 6.7.1, Yes]
10.20.20.45:null: [PASSED, -68, Porch Outlet 1, 6.7.1, Yes]
10.20.20.45:null: [PASSED, -68, Porch Outlet 2, 6.7.1, Yes]
10.20.20.46:9999: [PASSED, -47, 3D Printer, 6.7.1, Yes]

Just got back to this issue. All of my Kasa devices have this:

tate Variables

• getEnergy : Today
  • pollInterval : 30 minutes
  • releaseNotes : Fixed limit-rate-exceeded issue from Kasa Cloud. Added driver capability Configuration. Other cleanups of code. See: https://github.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/blob/master/KasaDevices/Docs/ChangeLog.pdf
    *UPDATE_AVAILABLE : App and driver updates are available to version 6.7.1. Consider updating.
    ***** lastCommand : {"emeter":{"get_monthstat":{"year": 2022}}}
  • response :
  • DRIVER_MISMATCH : Driver version (6.5.4) not the same as App version (6.6.1)
  • errorCount : 0

If you are on 6.6.1, ignore the releaseNotes and DriverMismatch states for now. I will clear these in the next update.

I take it the tapos remain out of reach. UK energy monitoring plugs are really not cost-effective at all.

=/

Out of scope for me. Requires a steep learning curve and some actual equipment.

1 Like

@djgutheinz , I just installed 2.3.3 and used the Kasa Integration to migrate my existing devices.

My driver versions were REALLY old (like 2 years old, so old that I manually edited the source when some of the bulb interfaces changed on the Hubitat side).

Do I need to do anything to get them kicked into gear with the new integration, like Configure on each or anything like that?

I didn't need to do that, but my drivers weren't that old, either. Can't hurt, I suppose.

1 Like

So what happened about this - was there a migration wizard or something after all or do we still have to remove the old device and start over? I was waiting to hear.

There's an extra "Migrate Kasa devices to built-in app" button in the pre-built integration app. That should move all Kasa devices to the built-in integration with no additional effort.

3 Likes

That is what I used. It migrated all of mine basically instantly (including those that I had disabled). Then I removed all of @djgutheinz's user apps and drivers from my system. Couldn't have been easier. Thanks for the migration option.

1 Like

I missed that this was sorted out. So we can safely switch over and delete community code?

If you want to, yes. If not, community version is completely separate from integrated one and will continue running just fine in 2.3.3.

1 Like

Uh oh!

Yup. Please PM me the hub id that it happened on, I’ll take a look.

1 Like