[DEPRECATED] Kasa Plug, Switch, and Bulb integration

your fix is to set the transition time in preferences and then save preferences. Inform me if that works.

The base system should work (it is how designed). No motion detect interface yet. If the basic works, will you work with me to see what we can do about capturing Motion Detect? I will send a test driver that will collect the data I need.

Dave

Using Version 6.5.3. I set the transition time to 5 seconds and saved preferences. Same error. I can simply add a 0 transition in the RM rule set color temperature, that stops the error.

Yes. But I will also fix. I thought there was a fix in the code; however, something is slopping through the cracks.

Thanks Dave, with all the activity going on in this thread you must be a very busy man. It's no wonder something as minor as this error gets "slopped" in a crack. :grin: I appreciate all your hard work.

1 Like

Need your help. I could not duplicate on existing or new installation. I think the code is fixed (rearranged if statements in the method). Could you load the TEST code for your device (just copy link into driver edit page import function). If it works, fix will be released today.

ColorBulb: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/Test-Code/master/Kasa_Color_Bulb_5065.groovy
CTBulb: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/Test-Code/master/Kasa_CT_Bulb_5066.groovy

Yes, that is the fix. Thanks.

I have it installed and the base system does work as you said. It just acts like a normal switch though ignoring the motion sensor.
I would absolutely want to help develop the interface to the sensor. I am not a rocket scientist at this so please be sure to send me complete instructions on how to utilize the logging driver.

1 Like

The other thing I just noticed is that since I integrated into Hubitat, the motion sensor no longer controls the switch. So that's interesting. It was working fine when only on the Kasa App.

There is nothing in my integration that would change motion sensor parameters (yet). Confused.

I dropped it from Hubitat and cycled the power and the sensor started working. I then re-integrated it into Hubitat and the sensor is still working. Don't know what it was but it seems to be OK now.

1 Like

@djgutheinz

HS300 multi-outlet strips are half of their usual price. I bought 4 more and received them today.

I tried to bring them into Hubitat and am continuing to have issues. The device type came in correctly as Plug Switch. I turned on energy monitoring, set cloud binding, and logging. I then tried to set the sync to Kasa. After I click save preferences, this field keeps changing back to the default setting of don't sync. This is happening on all of my new Kasa HS 300 units and it happed on some, but not all of my old HS300 units. This is getting very frustrating.

Shannon

Name sync is a one-time action, not continual. You set it then do a save preferences. Once synched, the value returns to don't sync.

NEW VERSION AVAILABLE.

Version 6.5.4 is now available.

Update Note: After updating the APP and DRIVERS, do one of the following to assure proper operation (especially of the EM Funtion). Either of these actions will configure all devices and the app to new data and updated scheduling.

• Open the App and simply exit OR,
  • Open any ONE device's edit page and select the command "configure"

Link to change description: HubitatActive/Change_Descriptions.pdf at master ยท DaveGut/HubitatActive (github.com)

1 Like

@djgutheinz
Dave, Thank you for help. I noted that when I do this, it does not update the name on the device page. This is the main concern. I am also noticing on many of the HS300 units, the plug number is either 0 or the wrong number. Any idea why? I have made sure the firmware has been updated and I have rebooted the device. Nothing seems to fix this.

First, make sure you are running version 6.5.3 or 6.5.4. I fixed an error in SyncName in 6.5.3. If you have not, updated and try again (send me the logs for one failed sync). If you have, see below.

Some of the newer devices (not all), no longer support updating the device's Kasa Name from Hubitat (sigh, things change). The only work around is to manually sync the names between the Kasa Phone App and the HE Device's Edit Page. To be explicit (I don't know your HE expertise):

In Hubitat:

• Go to the devices Edit page "Device Information" section.
  • Modify the Device Label (which is the display name)
  • Save Device

From the Kasa Phone App perspective:

• On installation
    • The devices name will end in a number from 0 to 5 (representing plugs 1 to 6)
    • While installing, it gives you a chance to change the name to your desired function.
  • After installation, you can change the name in the Setting (gear in upper right corner) page.

Best regards, Dave

I just tried updating from 6.5.3 to the new version using HPM. The install failed with this error. Have you seen this before?

Error Occurred During Installation

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to upgrade driver https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DaveGut/HubitatActive/master/KasaDevices/DeviceDrivers/Plug-Switch.groovy.

Well, following up on myself here. HPM still showed an update being available after the failure message. But I ran the HPM repair routine, and that clear it up. I am now at 6.5.4.

1 Like

I have a question about which driver I should be using. I noticed when upgrading via HPM it called some of the drivers deprecated. But yet, when I look at the drivers I don't see anything about that. Most of my devices are using the Kasa EM Plug driver, the single HS300 is using the Kasa EM Multi Plug driver, and my single non-EM plug is using the Kasa Multi Plug driver.

When I look in my driver list though, I also see a driver called Kasa Plug Switch, which is not currently used by anything. Should everything be using this driver now?

I uae the deprecated drivers for BACKWORD compatibility with previous HPM installation (before I went to a single driver for plug/switch, emPlug, emMultiPlug, and multiPlug).

You can update these devices on the device's edit page DeviceInformation: type to plugSwitch. Then save preferences and test. MAKE SURE the drivers are the same version. Then test.

At that point, you should be able to "modify" HPM to include the plug switch and remove the deprecated drivers.