[DEPRECATED] Inovelli Bulbs Drivers LZW41/LZW42

Can I ask what color pre-staging is? I’m newer to all of this and trying to figure out how to use my new illumin bulbs to their max potential. Thanks!

Here's a post I wrote recently that should explain what you're asking (different bulb, but the idea is the exact same), though you can also find more with a search:

1 Like

Add dimmingDuration to startLevelChange

2 Likes

Am I correct in my understanding that my options are:
Add it via hardcoded number in driver

sendToDevice(zwave.switchMultilevelV2.switchMultilevelStartLevelChange(dimmingDuration: 10, ignoreStartLevel: true, startLevel: device.currentValue("level"), upDown: upDownVal))

Add a new preference and then use that preference

input name: "levelSpeed", type: "number", description: "", title: "Level Changing Speed:", defaultValue: 1

sendToDevice(zwave.switchMultilevelV2.switchMultilevelStartLevelChange(dimmingDuration: levelSpeed, ignoreStartLevel: true, startLevel: device.currentValue("level"), upDown: upDownVal))

But that the startLevelChange command is provided by hubitat with only the direction variable input and so there is no way to alter that via driver code?

ChangeLevel

Device Selector

capability.changeLevel

Driver Definition

capability "ChangeLevel"

Attributes

Commands

startLevelChange(direction)

direction required (ENUM) - Direction for level change request

stopLevelChange()

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Gotcha! Thank you for the clarification!

So, I am not sure if the blubs are all bad, or something else. These Inovelli's have been a nightmare.

I tried EVERY driver that I could. I have the drivers here, I have the Drivers that are pre-installed on the HE (Latest FW)

I can not get them to properly and efficently respond to pretty much ANY command that I send it.

I tell a group of them to change color.. sometimes they do.. sometimes, only 2 out of 3 do. Sometimes none of them respond within a minuite. its just non-stop problems. I have updated to the latest 2.30 FW on the bulbs too..

The hub is actualy pretty close to the unit, AND I even have a few Inovelli switches near the bulbs.

These are the only Z-wave bulbs that I have, should I have gone to Zigbee as the rest of my Zigbee bubs are 100% spot on!

Just frustrated.. this and a few Inovelli swithes that cause issue, I feel super defeated these days with the brand. (sorry to rant)

I would really doubt you got 3 bad bulbs, and I haven't seen widespread complaints about them.

It sounds like you are maybe having some general Zwave issues? You might want to start a new thread with logs of affected device(s) and screenshots of any applicable apps.

I currently have 19 bulbs (12 installed) working without any problems. The only "bad" bulb I received was physically damaged in shipping, and was replaced.

It's recommended to use the built-in Hubitat driver, which benefits from the 2.30 firmware. This is the same driver from above (assuming Bryan hasn't improved it further).

This could indicate you have mesh issues, if you have problems controlling a single bulb. Could you tell us more about the other Z-Wave devices on your network? Do you have any non-plus devices for example? Also which hub are you using?

Do you have color pre-staging enabled? This can be used to change the bulbs color before turning it on, however it does not work with groups. On downside to z-wave bulbs is the "popcorn effect" where the bulbs may not all respond at the same time. Depending on your mesh strength this can be minimal.

You can use z-wave associations to reduce/eliminate this delay, however there are trade offs if you go this route.

If you haven't already reach out to Inovelli (Paging @Eric_Inovelli ), as they are more than willing to help you get things working. We can also try to help you figure out the issues here.

1 Like

This driver is now included and maintained as a built-in driver. You may continue to use this code, but for better experience, please use the built-in version.