[RELEASE] Event Engine - Automate your world with easy to use Cogs. Rev up complex automations with just a few clicks!

EE is a completely didn't way of thinking. One that I find much easier to follow. I don't use RM, haven't in a long time, so just looking at the rule quickly it looks like something that EE should be able to do.

Play around with it and have fun.

I have Priority messaging setup in FM.
If I want to turn on two speakers, is it like this: [N:0:2][N:0:3]Front Screen door is open

Not possible, can only use one priority speaker at a time.

Darn it.. Scotty I need more than speaker to control in the cog at one time!!

Thanks for responding.

2 Likes

Dammit, Jim, he's just a country (code) doctor! :wink:

1 Like

Then just use FM as it was first intended. Use motion control to activate speakers, why speak to rooms that know one is in!? :wink:

HI folks
Is it possible to use a variable or other user input method in the Reversal with Delay and to hve this option available in the "Certain Time" trigger and not just "Between certain times".
My thinking is to use EE to activate a switch for an irrigation zone and have it turn off using reversal with delay, but I wanted to have the delay set either by user input or a rule based on current weather conditions.
I couldn't see a way to have a variable length reversal or switch off after 'x' minutes where x is a global variable?

One option would be to use a Virual dimmers to set a number between 0-100 which can then be used for input.

True!! I try it with motion. Thanks Bryan

@bptworld - just managed to break something. I know, just ask my family, it's what I do. :wink:

Was in a cog turning on logging and accidentally clicked on Check for Holiday when I meant to click another box. Got an error and now cannot open the cog for editing, same error appears every time I try to open it.

Summary

Error:

Logs:

Thanks.
Try the new version. 3.3.3

1 Like

Hi Folks
I am seeing an error in EE for Blue Iris 5.5.1.5.
I am trying something simple to start with, switching profiles by a switch.

This is my first BI integration so I don't know if it would have worked in previous versions or if something has changed.

The error is illegal character in path.
I am using the default path /ui3.htm and I have checked I can access the url in a browser and that the account credentials work and has rights to change profiles.

I have tried changing to different profiles but the same error occurs.

Any ideas or tips where to look?

Please show the Cog Description.
Also, do you have any special characters in your username or password?

Hi.
Thanks for responding.
Here is the COG.

Event Engine Cog (3.3.2) - Entrance switch to away (1329)

Conditions
***** Cog will fire when ALL Condition are true (Using AND)
- By Switch: [Entrance Mode Switch] - OffOn: true, ANDOR: false, Physical: false

Actions
- Blue Iris: Switch_Profile - Profile: Pon3
- Delay Between Actions: 1000

Yes there is a special character so I removed it and it failed with the same error.

java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 3: *** Something went wrong! *** on line 58

I googled and found the URL for BI server as http://address:81/admin?user=HE&pw=password&profile=2.
This works for me fine and changes the profile!
BI has "Require password from Non-Lan" only and Secure login off.

Cheers
Brad

1 Like

Is there a better or more efficient way to setup EE to trigger BI profile changes?
Right now I have a 4 Cog setup. Each is largely the same with Mode to and profile changing.

Conditions:
Transition
Type - Mode

Actions to perform: BI Control
Control type: Switch Profile
Profile to change to when switch is On: Profile 1

I'm also seeing the same error as @Rabecaps. Confirmed no special characters in the u:p for the BI user.

I must not be understanding the logic.

I'm trying to do simple room occupancy and I have two similar rules that don't' work as I expect.

This one works mostly, but if you press the light switch off, it just flips right back on. Shouldn't need the condition helper but I tried it anyway with no difference. Lights will stay on, dim, etc. except I can't manually turn the room light off.

Event Engine Cog (3.3.2) - Guest Room Motion (1300)

Description: Guest Room Motion or switch

Conditions
***** Cog will fire when ANY Condition is true (Using OR)
- By Motion Sensor: [Iris Guest Room, Iris Guest Room2] - InactiveActive: true, ANDOR: true
- By Switch: [Guest Room] - OffOn: true, ANDOR: false, Physical: true
- Condition Helper - Motion: [Iris Guest Room, Iris Guest Room2] - Inactive/Active: true

Actions
- Switches to turn On: [Guest Room]
- Dimmers to Set: [Guest Room] - On Level: 99 - Color: NA - Temp: NA
- True Reverse: true
- Reverse: 30 minute(s), after Conditions become false - Dim While Delayed: true - Dim After Delayed: false - Dim Length: 1 - Dim Level: 50
- Addtional Switches to Turn Off: [Closet Switch]
- Delay Between Actions: 100

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /
This other one turns on very sporadic and will never turn the lights off. I have it set to 1 minute currently for testing. Also can't turn off with switch.

Event Engine Cog (3.3.2) - Basement Lights On (1298)

Conditions
- By Contact Sensor: [Basement Door] - ClosedOpen: true, ANDOR: true
- By Motion Sensor: [Iris Basement1, Iris Basement Ammo, Iris Bench1] - InactiveActive: true, ANDOR: true
- By Switch: [Basement Stairs] - OffOn: true, ANDOR: false, Physical: true
- Condition Helper - Motion: [Iris Basement1, Iris Basement Ammo, Iris Bench1] - Inactive/Active: false

Actions
- Switches to turn On: [Basement Stairs, Basement z27, Bench Plug, Ino Bench]
- Dimmers to Set: [Basement z27] - On Level: 99 - Color: NA - Temp: NA
- Reverse: 1 minute(s), after Conditions become false - Dim While Delayed: true - Dim After Delayed: false - Dim Length: 1 - Dim Level: 50

You are using 'or', so any condition will trigger the cog.

So, when you turn the light switch off - the cog checks the conditions and sees the motion sensor is active and turns the light back on.

Try keeping the motion sensor as the condition but put the switch in the helper (remove the motion from the helper).

For the second one, remove the motion from the helper. You never want the same devices in the condition and in the helper.

Then I would need to see a screenshot of your debug log. If the light isn't going out then something is still setting the conditions to true.

Hi @bptworld,
I think I have located the error Bryan and made two changes to the code.

Error is in Event Cog line 6071 where the if statement is looking for biControl == "Mode" when it should be "Switch_Profile". It will never get "Mode" as true so passes through to the final Else error and then on to a misformatted httpGet.

The Formatting of the GET variable to pass to the httpGet on line 6072 should perhaps be ordered as "User -> PW -> Profile" though I don't know if this is technically required as I dont understand enough of your code to figure out the httpGet formatting.
I am also not confident enough in GitHub to do the change there.

Can you please validate this and correct if this is the case.

Cheers
Brad

1 Like

Description: Basement Lighting

Conditions
- By Contact Sensor: [Basement Door] - ClosedOpen: true, ANDOR: true
- By Motion Sensor: [Iris Basement1, Iris Basement Ammo, Iris Bench1] - InactiveActive: true, ANDOR: true
- Condition Helper - Switches: [Basement Stairs] - Off/On: false

Actions
- Switches to turn On: [Basement Stairs, Basement z27, Bench Plug, Ino Bench]
- Dimmers to Set: [Basement z27] - On Level: 99 - Color: NA - Temp: NA
- Reverse: 2 minute(s), after Conditions become false - Dim While Delayed: true - Dim After Delayed: false - Dim Length: 1 - Dim Level: 50

/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Description: Guest Room Motion or switch

Conditions
- By Motion Sensor: [Iris Guest Room, Iris Guest Room2] - InactiveActive: true, ANDOR: true
- Condition Helper - Switches: [Guest Room] - Off/On: false

Actions
- Switches to turn On: [Guest Room]
- Dimmers to Set: [Guest Room] - On Level: 99 - Color: NA - Temp: NA
- Reverse: 2 minute(s), after Conditions become false - Dim While Delayed: true - Dim After Delayed: false - Dim Length: 1 - Dim Level: 50
- Addtional Switches to Turn Off: [Closet Switch]

They both still turn the lights right back on after pressing the switch off.

For the basement, the motion sensors have no visibility to the top of the stair switch. I think having the door stay open is triggering it back on. It's not triggering on the state change from closed to open and then "ignoring" the contact state, but rather taking action because it's left "open."

For the guest room, I pressed the switch through the cracked door like a cat so there's no way the motion sensor is detecting my arm.

I thought I could use this for room occupancy but the operation is just too unpredictable so I'm going to go back to another solution. I'm sure it's an elegant app for other uses but for room occupancy I can't seem to get it to function the way I expected it would.

Looking at the debug logging, there's just too much other stuff going on behind the scenes unrelated to just simple contact/motion logic.

New version...

Adjusted speak() to reflect the new parameters.

granted i am using an older versoin of this app anyway i had a similiar issue as yours i have a cog for lights on in the basement based on the door and a motion sensor.. but wanted them to be able to be turned off when someone comes up the stairs..

i solved it with an additional rule in rule machine with a delay to give this cog time to run and terminate when someone turns of the light switch at the top of the stairs and opens and closes the basement door,

Summary