[DEPRECATED] Echo Speaks

I was asking @pcgirl

I don't know if there is any debug logs but I am sure @tonesto7 can get you going. In the mean time have you tried the manual way yet ?

Do you mean getting the cookie manually? I have tried that first but it didn't work either. I am going to remove the app and do an update and then start all over again and see if that works.

I've got one out of three devices that are working. Can I remove the other two and have it recreate them?

Hi @tonesto7

I have been experiencing the following error since the Great Amazon Cookie Outage:
2019-07-03 08:53:00.228 am debugDevice Data Received and Updated for (5) Alexa Devices | Took: (2023ms) | Last Refreshed: (10.0 minutes)
2019-07-03 08:52:54.908 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_app_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_966.timeOfDayIsBetween() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.util.Date, sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo) values: [2019-07-03T23:00:00.000-0600, 2019-07-03T07:00:00.000-0600, ...] on line 1855 (healthCheck)
2019-07-03 08:52:54.821 am infoSuccessfully Retrieved Developer Notices from GitHub Repo...
2019-07-03 08:52:54.506 am infoSuccessfully Retrieved (v1.0) of AppData Content from GitHub Repo...

It does appear as if all my devices are functional.
The error appears approx. every 5-6 minutes as per the logs.

Any idea what this is or how to fix it?

Thanks
J

This is working now!:smiley: For some reason I have two amazon alexa accounts with the same email address but different passwords. I was using the wrong password. It would say that it was logged in but on Echospeaks it would say that I wasn't logged in and it wouldn't find any devices. I used the other password and it is working.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

@tonesto7

Bump:
Any idea...?

2019-07-03 08:52:54.908 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_app_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_966.timeOfDayIsBetween() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.util.Date, sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo) values: [2019-07-03T23:00:00.000-0600, 2019-07-03T07:00:00.000-0600, ...] on line 1855 (healthCheck)

When I go to user apps and click on ECHO Speaks this what happens:
Latest Version of Dev and App.

errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot set property 'updatedDt' on null object on line 2082 (startPage) app:6172019-07-10 01:47:41.973 pm infoSuccessfully Retrieved Developer Notices from GitHub Repo... app:6172019-07-10 01:47:41.750 pm infoSuccessfully Retrieved (v2.0) of AppData Content from GitHub Repo... --- Loading Past Logs... ---

Oops. I will Get out a fix for that in the next hour or two

Ok Thanks

ooh. Mp3's

Discovered something that maybe everyone else already knows.

I was having problems with messages to my Echos be very unreliable. And sometimes 1 or the other would repeat the same message multiple times. And others would not say a thing.

I was using RM and selecting Speak device. I changed to a custom action and then selected playAnnouncement. Works great now. Haven't had any issues for some time.

So not sure what RM is using in Speak but whatever it is doesn't seem to work right.

1 Like

So I had the same issues as you did. I did what you have done and all my Echos "talk" and do so almost all together. Much better performance.

The playAnnouncement function is an Amazon thing [read: handled by Amazon in the background] that sends speech to ALL the echo devices you have.

In other words:

• you are not being rate limited (as far as I understand)
  • you do not have the ability to target a specific echo device

Having said this, I have the occasional hiccup as well with speech being repeated on a (random) given echo device + another staying silent.

My work-around has been to issue single speak commands to a single echo, so if I want to send speech to 5 echos, I send 5 speak commands. The downside is that speech is not 100% sync'ed [a wee bit of an echo (pun not intended) effect], and that I occasionally run into the "rate limit" issue.

I'm not 100% sure the speech duplication and non-speak events are a RM function, and strongly suspect Amazon is "managing" the speech.

Currently I am using LANnouncer to play a MP3; it works well, but it does require "el cheapo" $7 cell phones (read: Black Friday sales) for functionality.

Anything to natively send a MP3 to my echo(s) will be EXTREMELY welcomed!!!!!!

Incorrect. playAnnouncement sends the announcement to only the units you select.
playAnnouncementAll sends it to all the units, Or so I'm told as I never tested that.

I do know that playAnnouncement works fine and only to the units I want.

My bad then, and no idea otherwise!!!

Just to clarify I'm not sending an mp3, just a message. Not sure about sending an mp3 what it would do.

Still getting error below.
Anyone else having trouble installing Echo Speaks?
2019-07-11 12:11:12.360 pm [error]configure/656)java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot set property 'updatedDt' on null object on line 2069 (startPage)

--- Loading Past Logs... ---