[Deprecated] BI Control - Local Blue Iris control

Thanks, I will try that. Got my Hubitat today, just getting to know my way around. I was used to using Webcore in Smartthings too, and wonder if its a big difference in Hubitat. I am immersing myself into the Hubitat ecosphere to figure out how things are done.

It's the same. You can even bring most of your pistons open with just a little tweaking.

Updated my last note to both remind myself and help anyone else that asks -
"What is the Local End Point URL and where does it go in the following instructions?"

To clarify "In Rule Machine" steps:

• 'Create New Rule', 'Define a Trigger', 'Name the Trigger'
  • 'Select Trigger Events', 'Select capability' = 'Local End Point'
  • Select the 'Local End Point URL' link. This will open a new window.
  • Do not close tab but note the URL that is in the address bar of the new browser tab.
  • Go back to Blue Iris.
  • Right click on the camera that is associated -> Camera settings -> Alert -> On Alert -> + (creates new action set) -> Web Request or MQTT.
  • Copy the complete URL from the browser tab mentioned above into the http:// line . You do not need to complete any other fields.
  • Sample format of URL: 10.5.55.122/apps/api/333/trigger?access_token=34c2e333-33bc-2bb2-66aa-2222222f33b27

NOTE: I have this as top line of Action Set followed by 3000msec delay as I have alerts going to email and SMS as well here.

Several years later this still work. I have this setup so when the camera motion detects AND CONFIRMS VIA CPAI, a notification is sent to HE to perform tasks such as voice announcement, HE mobile alert, lights on etc...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.