[Deprecated] At Home Simulator

For the pre-noobs, where is the readme on how to set this app, it looks like what i was looking for but after installing the app on HE, i have no idea where to get started. The readme only points to DOCS which only puts to generic how to install app/driver which I already know how to do, Please help.

There are no read me's or How-to's. Once the app is installed open it up and start filling in the fields. Everything is pretty self explanatory. Remember, you can't break it so jump in and explore. If you don't like how it's going, start again or change any field that you want.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to reach out.

thanks

@bptworld Bryan I have a couple of questions. 1) when the simulator finishes at the time set (default 360) does it shut off any or all the lights that may be on so they don't stay on? 2) Does the simulator, at the end of the same cycle as in Q1 turn off the virtual switch we created for the simulator? Thanks

No, it only does what you tell it to do.

No idea what you're talking about here... cycle as in Q1?? :man_shrugging:

If you're talking about the 'control switch', It turns it off at the end of the simulation.

Sorry Q1 is Question 1. Ok, that is great that the control switch is turned off. One less thing to control. Thanks

1 Like

Since updating the Child app to 2.0.3, once or twice a day the Child app will execute a shutdown even though it wasn't active. In the following debug log entries the On/Off switch for the child app is device 69 (virtual switch). It logs as being turned off and only one app should be turning that on/off and it didn't run; further checking the events for that device it doesn't show it being turned on or off at the time the Child app logs the End of Sim. There doesn't seem to be anything special about when this happens with something like a corresponding change to HSM or Mode. When this instance was logged the house had be quiet for nearly two hours with no events logged.

Thanks for your continued work on this and the other apps. Not leaving the house much nowadays so for now I'm simply disabling the app.

[app:79]2020-07-13 11:57:53.534 pm [debug]Finishing up...
[app:79]2020-07-13 11:57:53.526 pm [debug]In deviceOffHandler... cs: 0
[dev:69]2020-07-13 11:57:53.503 pm [info]Home Simulator Trigger Switch was turned off
[app:79]2020-07-13 11:57:53.238 pm [info]End of Sim - Group R - Turning off device: DImmer Plug: Dinning Room
[app:79]2020-07-13 11:57:53.236 pm [debug]In deviceOffHandler R...turning all lights off DImmer Plug: Dinning Room
[dev:522]2020-07-13 11:57:53.201 pm [info]Dimmer: Wall Switch Sconce was turned off [digital]
[app:79]2020-07-13 11:57:53.166 pm [info]End of Sim - Group R - Turning off device: Dimmer: Wall Switch Sconce
[app:79]2020-07-13 11:57:53.164 pm [debug]In deviceOffHandler R...turning all lights off Dimmer: Wall Switch Sconce
[app:79]2020-07-13 11:57:53.070 pm [info]End of Sim - Group 1 - Turning off device: Switch: Living Room
[app:79]2020-07-13 11:57:53.068 pm [debug]In deviceOffHandler 1...turning all lights off Switch: Living Room
[app:79]2020-07-13 11:57:53.060 pm [debug]In deviceOffHandler... cs: 0

Thanks for making the HS app excited to start using it - feature request (or small bug?)

1. While trying to test / configure I set the "Extra time to pause before group one starts" to zero so I could make sure things are working ... but could not get it to turn on with my virtual switch. It took me a little while to realize it was throwing an error every time it turned on since I had set it to zero. It would be nice if it could be configured to zero for testing (or maybe some other use case) or if this is a total pain, might make sense to not allow the user to set it to zero to avoid confusion.

Error text from Log:

[app:260] (http://192.168.1.163/logs#app260) 2020-10-24 10:41:22.240 am errorjava.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0 on line 215 (deviceHandler)

1. Unless I’m missing something it seems like the random wait is not always following the parameters one sets. The output from the log below below shows I’ve got a delay of between 5-10 min set (default values) but seems to be generating a 12min delay am I reading this wrong?

app:2692020-10-24 12:48:47.831 pm infoStarting - Waiting Random Pause: 12 minutes

app:2692020-10-24 12:48:47.829 pm debugIn deviceOnHandler S...Delay: 5 to 10 = 12 till next Group - cs: 1 *********

Thanks
Stefan

Earlier today I updated my C5 from 2.2.3.148 to 2.2.4.145 and tonight while out for a walk At Home Simulator ran with these "warn" log entries that I have never seen before. Not sure if the two things are related but I thought I would check in for advice.

Thanks.

There are no warn statements in the code. They must be generated by HE, but I see no reason to worry about them.

Yes, make a rule in RM to trigger it again and again and again ...

Sorry to bring this up again. You should seriously consider adding an option for looping the entire simulation while the trigger switch is on.
How would you construct a rule so it is able to check if the simulator is still running or not?

Nope, this one is what it is. Feel free to mess around with it and make it do whatever you want though.

2 Likes

I see this app is marked as "deprecated". Is there another app recommended for vacation automation?

I suppose it depends on what you want to do.
I use this rule to simulate turning the downstairs hall light then loo light on and off while we are away.
Just thought I'd post to give you ideas.

I was planning to try this app, but might now try this one instead.

Code: https://github.com/imnotbob/vacation-lighting-director/tree/beta
Thread: Vacation Lighting. Anyone have it running? - #25 by nh.schottfam

Right now I use Alexa Guard which does a pretty good job.

Greetings! Hubitat N00b here. I happily and fairly easily installed At Home Simulator using your easy-to-follow and -understand instructions. I don’t want to use a physical switch to activate it. At the moment I have it Paused in the app’s child dialog for my application.
How can I:

1. enable or disable it (activate or pause it??) with a tile button on a Dashboard?
  2. Show its paused or active state on a Dashboard?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.