[Deprecated] Amazon Alexa Text to Speech (TTS) v0.6.2 - Direct Integration (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Australia, & Brazil)

Thanks guys.. I know when I am beaten. Just ordered a cheap Sonos one speaker.

1 Like

I've been trying to get this to work for a couple evenings now with no luck. It's non-functioning. Oh well. Hopefully tonesto comes up with something soon

1 Like

Do you need internet for the TTS to work with the Symfonisk speaker? I assume they are wi-fi right?

Thanks

The first time a TTS phrase is used, the hub fetches it from the cloud. But then it remains on the hub and subsequent uses of the phrase can be all local.

2 Likes

thanks for that details!!
I'm trying to setup a system for my sister and she is concerned that the internet may be down- causing echo dots to be useless. These speakers are 4x the cost of an echo dot so I'm thinking you have 1 of these centrally located and then dots everywhere else...
The question is whether anyone has come up with a solution to ensure they are all local...for example on bootup run a webcore or something and speak all the possible sayings? ...could it be that simple ?

Yes.

No.

Here's the only fully local TTS solution that currently integrates with Hubitat.

Thanks for that quick answer...I had been studying that ...and that seems probably do-able....

but being an engineer ....... why wouldn't forcing each phrase to be spoken on the IKEA after boot up (of course assuming internet active at that point) not work? Does it only cache the LAST spoken phrase?

Thx...do really appreciate the help : )

No need to re-run all of your TTS commands during a reboot of the Hub. The hub caches the audio files locally on its internal eMMC storage. So, as long as your TTS text is static for each announcement (i.e. do not embed a timestamp, date, or a value like temperature), the audio clips will all get cached locally.

Again, this only works using the Hub's built-in TTS engine with Sonos speakers.

This thread's solution, just like Echo Speaks, relies on the Amazon Cloud for all TTS announcements.

2 Likes

i have had echo's in 3 different locations for years and really never had an issue with missing notifications due to internet being down.. if it is down there are a lot more pressing issues.. you area eally looking for a problem waiting to happen.

Is Alexa TTS working? My Alexa stopped working since last two weeks. I getting refresh cookies notifications . Refreshed manually but after few hours, stopped working again.

Mine is working
Running on my windows 10 desktop computer

Thanks

As is mine on the echos still connected.

Side note... never use the "logout all devices" option like i did when someone was trying to hack my amazon account.All alexas disconnect and need to manually be joined. If you have alexas in multiple houses like me you will have to wait till u physically are back in that location to rejoin them.

Thank you

Suddenly today speech is working to individual devices but to "all alexas" is failing. No errors in the logs ...
Anyone else who is still using this?

None of mine is working since yesterday. Refresh cookies messages coming

Again Alexa TTS is not working. Do you have any issue?

yes i gave up and switched over to using echo speaks.. 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Which app do I need to use for echo speak?

Here is the Echo Speaks thread

1 Like