Delayed Trigger Aeotec Gen5 doorbells

No just wondering what driver for your doorbell if it was custom or stock. Likely it's just stock like mine.

Maybe using a driver that has the delay issue like the ecolinks. Try changing the contact sensor to use the ring contact sensor driver.

1 Like

Lewis, can you show me what you mean, I am a visual person lol, this hubitat lingo is new to me haha. What should the trigger be, there's a few?

Change the device driver on the contact sensor not the rule. There is a bug on some of the device drivers that doesn't exist on the ring contact sensor driver.

Your screen show was transitioning when you took it, can you send again please.

Gottcha, change it to the ring alarm contact sensor? Doing it now.

1 Like

I was just showing you the driver in the drop-down list in the first.

The bug can cause up to an 8 second delay in the other drivers. Maybe even longer.

Change the driver for all your contact sensors to the ring contact sensor driver till they get the fix pushed out in 2.2.5. Be sure to press the save and then configure button after you make the change.

MY MAN!!!!! You came in clutch! Thank you, I was starting to go nuts lol. Can we intergrate the ring alarm to use all the sensors and arm the Hubitat? Please tell me yes lol. I am going to lose my mind lol.

Yup.

1 Like

Sweet thank you. Can you get the ring alarm base to chime using the contact sensors I already have?

I don't use this integration so you would have to ask in that thread. I use an envisalink with hardwired sensors.

Cool, thank you.

1 Like

So this applies to all contact sensors that show a noticeable delay? My Aeotec 5 & 7's seem okay. I've also paired the 7's with no security. For the 5's I used a secondary controller and paired them with no security as well.

Thanks for the information.. I have some other sensors that might need this workaround...

@bcopeland is working on the fix and will include affected drivers in the release notes.

1 Like

Thanks yeah I read that.. He's been an awesome addition to Hubitat, Inc.

2 Likes