Delay trigger in case state changes for door sensor

I did not realize that it shows the current status when creating the rule!

1 Like

So now that I have this I now see 4.0 is here and since I am just starting out I would prefer to move directly to 4.0. Could someone provide me with an example of this rul in 4.0 and also any places that have in depth tutorials on 4.0 for rules?

Sorry, but I actually laughed out loud... :joy: RM 4.0 was literally released about 24 hours ago. There are no in depth tutorials yet. There is a thread dedicated to RM 4.0, where you might want to post your old rule and ask for RM 4.0 advice. Most users are somewhat cautious and havenā€™t even upgraded their hub firmware yet, as usually numerous hot fixes are in order to address bugs that are found.

Hereā€™s the RM 4.0 documentation

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Rule-4.0

And the thread..

1 Like

Ok I was assuming that documentation would be released before going live with it but I understand that is also a huge task and would have probably delayed the 4.0.

I am only now deploying Hubitat at my home so I have not really created any rules. Just this one. I will repost in the rules engine.

Thanks

1 Like

This rule would be tricky due to cancel on both sides of it. Easiest way to do this would be to split into two rules, one for open and one for closed. It's possible to do using Private Boolean to control the cancels, but not worth the effort imo.

The documentation at release was the post that @ogiewon referenced, which includes tutorial on converting from Rule-3.0 forms to 4.0. The app documentation was posted a few hours later, also linked by @ogiewon.

2 Likes