Delay for intrusion alert not working

Hi...new Hubitat user. I have HSM configured and working the way I would like it except for the delay on intrusion alerts. When I open a door the system immediately goes into alert mode (sends me text, turns on lights, and plays text on Sonos) even though I have it set to delay alerts for 30 seconds. I have a couple of buttons programmed to disarm the system and cancel the alerts. Those work as intended. It is just the delay that is not working for me. Can someone more knowledgable than me on Hubitat please review my config and let me know if you see anything obviously wrong? Thanks

1 Like

When you say "a door" I assume you mean the FRONT DOOR? That is the only one that is configured to be delayed. Anything else should instantly trigger.

Correct. Just the Front door. Now the weird thing I just figured out is that the alert delay works for Armed Away mode but it does not work for Armed Night mode. When in Armed Away mode it gives me 30 seconds to cancel the alerts. When is Armed Night mode it immediately sends alerts, turns on the lights, plays Sonos.

I'm not seeing anything obviously wrong.

I will take a card out of the hubitat support playbook and suggest you delete all the HSM rules, remove HSM, reinstall HSM, and re-make the rules and see if that fixes it.

If it doesn't, submit an email to support, or post on here again and copy @bravenel, as he is the HSM guru on the Hubitat side.

OK thanks. I will try that.

If you re-create them, maybe start simple - without all the bulbs, etc, as a quick test first.

First of all, check the system log whats going on when you open the door.

Took your advice and deleted HSM, rebooted hub, re-installed HSM and recreated the rules in a simplified version (removed all the bulbs). Still no luck, same behavior as before. Armed Away works as expected giving a 30 second alert delay. Armed Night does not give the 30 second delay as programmed; it alerts immediately when in Armed Night mode. Help @bravenel. Thanks guys.

Bug found. Fix in the next release.

5 Likes

So if you look at the event log you can see when armed-night is triggered it immediately alerts and when armed-away is triggered an intrusion delay is enabled.

Thanks

Good catch!

And quick confirmation/fix from Bruce!

I think I found another bug. The delay for alerts is working however HSM is applying it to multiple doors even though I only have on door checked (mud room door). The front door is delaying alerts for 30 seconds even though I do not have it checked to do so.

I'll look into that.

Did the above select doors thing get looked into? I have this exact same problem, I have certain doors checked to delay for but the entire system will delay for the amount of time no matter what triggers it.

The intrusion- delay STOPED working, do NOT know what happend. Now the delayed contact sensor activates inmideatly intrusion . I have trayed several times changing sensors at the app, but did not worked. I have updateted my Hubitat firmeware and restarted it, but nothing worked for me. As shown at images when the delayed contact sensor opened it DOSE NOT go to intrusion DELAY night, instead it goes to intrusion-night.

Hi long waiting. Can you please check if there is a way fix my problem of Delay intrusion Armed -Night alerts go to NORMAL INSTANT intrusion. Many months have pass now and many firmware updates, but has not being solved. Thanks

Sorry, yes, I will look into this.

This works for me without any problem. Perhaps you should remove HSM completely, and recreate it again.

I will try that. Thanks so much.
I uninstall HSM, and re enter all info.
But got same resluts.
If a use a MIMO2+ input as a delay sensor, it goes in to delay intrusion. But if I use my wireless contact sensor Hank HKZW-DWS01, it goes into instant intrusion.
I believe is the driver. I am using Geneic Z-Wave driver for this Contact magnet sensor

here you can see Hank not activating delay intrusion. But Mimo2+ dose well delay intrusion

Testing03