Deebot EcoVacs Driver

Yep the dot is in the end of my instructions, so easy to miss. I’ll update.

1 Like

Darn...I hate it when I miss stuff like that. Thanks for providing this integration - just great!!

Quick question - I normally only run Dusty when I'm home, and let him return to his base when he senses his battery is low.

Using this integration, I think I'll have to turn the http GET Switch off to get my Deebot to retun to base. Or can I leave it on and he'll finish when he senses his battery is low? Have you ever tested that - what happens if you leave and your Deebot vacuums and you don't return before his battery gets low?

Seems like it would not work if I turned the switch on and left it on, and I can't toggle it as that would tell the Deebot to immediately return to base.

Am I thinking along the correct lines? I might just set a 1 1/2 hour timer (mine typically runs for almost 2 hours) using the Auto Off app, to turn it off so it returns to base.

It will come back when it gets low.

1 Like

Excellent, thanks!

Just got a new Deebot T8 for Christmas and what an experience to get that working. My first unit ran twice and then started giving me sensor errors and wouldn't move anymore. I think the band that spins the laser broke, but literally being hours old (to me) I didn't want to tear it apart. The second unit ran once and then went offline and would never reconnect to my network. Pulled the battery for 30+ minutes, factory reset it, and joined it to a different wifi. (Different VLAN, same gateway egress point) This appears to be working OK now but the jury is still out. So now I'm looking at hooking this into my HE.

Using the api/docker from @brianwilson I see that I can basically start and stop cleaning. Seeing as this new T8 maps out the floor, I can setup areas and sections. Per the Alexa Skill, which is crap now. It fails to link to Ecovac. Anyway, per the skill I should be able to say "start cleaning Family Room" and it will go and clean that section. Is that possible with Brian's docker? Or is there another way to integrate this. I'm somewhat surprised there isn't much I have found. My Litter Robot and even my Spa have drivers and apps written for HE. I thought the Deebot would be more popular with us techies.

It’s not possible with my code. I suppose if the “sucks” python code supports it, it would be possible. I did just this for my Wyze vac implementation. That being said, I don’t have this vac to test so someone else will likely need to do it.

1 Like

I figured out my issue with the Skill linking. I blocked access from inside my network to China. Even though I had no issues with the Ecovacs App, The Skill linking did. Once I removed that restriction it linked up just fine and now I can ask my Echo to have Deebot start vacuuming the (room label).

I'm curious if there is a way to initiate that request in reverse. I'm trying to avoid having to create a Routine within my Alexa app. But as I type this out, creating the routine is probably a heck of a lot easier than getting my HE hub to ask my Echo to start vacuuming the kitchen.

EDIT: Ended up going with virtual contact sensors and the routine. I didn't realize that I could do a custom command as if I was actually asking my echo to start the deebot. So far it is working well. Time will tell. Thanks for the tips throughout this thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.