Deako smart switches at my new house

Hello there!
I am moving to a new house (new construction), and all the swithces are Daeko Smart Swithces for the lights. Unfortunately, Hubitat does NOT support this device.

I was doing some research, and the switches can be integrated into SmartThings.

Can I integrate SmartThings devices to be controlled by Hubitat? (So I can use the Daeko switches)

Why yes they can!

Check out HubiThings Replica. It can mirror ST devices to Hubitat and vice versa.

1 Like

Thanks Corey,

I will try that option using SmartThings hub and then using the HubiThings replica to bring the lights to hubitat.

I am doing all of this because my new home has Deako smart switches in the entire house, and rather than replace 25+ switches I will try to integrate them.

I'll let you know the results

1 Like

The switches look pretty cool (and HUGE).

Words of caution...they are WiFi devices:

• Understand potential security issues and make sure you patch as security patches are released
  • Make sure your router will support a large number of devices (most consumer grade devices start to struggle for large quantities of WiF devices)

I wish they sold them in ZigBee or Z-Wave...

ksgnow2010

Thanks for the advice, the new construction homes here in SC are coming with this "Smart Home" package, however as you noticed the Smart Switches are Wi-Fi, everything else is Z-wave.

This will be a nice project, I will inform the results in this topic thread...

I would pay the builder extra to NOT have wifi switches, LOL I certainly wouldn't pay extra to GET them. Now you are going to be stuck with non-standard switches/switch sizes, and WIFI. yuck.

I guess making them a goofy size is a good deterrent from people replacing them with something else standard though, as it would likely need some touch up painting every time, and most people won't want to do that

Seems like a grift to me.

2 Likes

These "square" form factor (more european style) switches have been introduced by a few companies but really haven't taken off in the NA markets. Legrand has their Adorne line.

If I had the choice and the $$$ to make my house completely "smart" I would definitely have changed those Daeko switches to something compatible with Hubitat hub.

The good thing about all of this is that my wife loves the house :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.