Deadbolt Issues

I don't understand why HE has so much trouble with deadbolts. The community is full of people trying to get their locks working. I've never had this much trouble with any other hub. I love the local control that HE gives me, but this is a huge deficit that doesn't seem to get enough attention. Vera and ST worked perfectly out of the box with my old Kwikset Zwave lock. I never had an issue until switching to HE. I finally gave in and installed a Schlage Zigbee deadbolt, and now I can't get it to program more than two of my user codes. If the other generally less reliable hubs can make it work, why can't HE? What am I missing?

Have no idea on your "zigbee" issues, but the zwave problem is generally fixed by adding Aeotec Range Extender 6's to AMPLIFY the weak zwave signal that is only noticeable on secure devices like locks that comes from these hubs. The "secure" zwave radio in these hubs is weaker than that of Smartthings, Wink, Vera, etc.

1 Like

I have absolutely no issues with my Kwikset Z-Wave Locks. Work perfectly every time and the batteries are going past six months (Duracell Quantum) However, I do have 3 Z-wave repeaters in close proximity to my locks.