Date format

I would like to see the ability to display dates in a more internationally recognized format, specifically YYYY-MM-DD, which is actually the ISO8601 standard.

4 Likes

That is the format in logs:

2021-02-08 03:12:00.912 pm

And in events:

What other contexts are you looking for?

1 Like

Of course now that I go looking, I can't seem to find it. I'm sure within the last two weeks I was looking through some configuration settings and found a location to set the date format. There were two to choose from, neither of which were YYYY-MM-DD.

I may just be having a serious lapse in recollection since I can't find what I'm talking about any longer...

Yes, this is exactly what I was looking at. Documentation in my workplace and everything I write or otherwise document at home is always in the standard of YYYY-MM-DD. I can just naturally look at this format and not have to think about it.

1 Like

If you are after some alternatives I wrote a small driver to store a date / time as a string based on a format string you provide. I used it to format dates / times on a dashboard tile. Let me know if you need it and I can find it, but it is on this forum as well.

2 Likes

Found it - here. Very nicely done.

2 Likes

@sburke781 Thank you for this! I will certainly be looking at it as soon as I get a moment. Thank you as well @jwjr for posting the link to where I can find it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I take your point re expectations of Hubitat, but I can now, based on recent experience, add a schedule inside the code to do the refresh if you would like.

1 Like

I've added a link to the updated code with the schedule option in my original post on the linked thread. I meant to put the notes in the edit I made, but for those who already have this installed I believe all you need to do is update the driver code and click Save Preferences on the existing device. Obviously if you want to adjust the schedule setting of 5 seconds you can as well.