Dashsboard

leave column height and row blank. That said it may not always be accurate. Your better bet is to set up a custom dash(s) for each device. To keep your dashboard responsive, as I said, only expose those devices the dash uses. Home automation is about automation and not remote control :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you try like I suggest above, and set a fixed height, but blank width? Reposted picture to show you what to try.

I find that setting both to blank can do weird things to scaling. But it is an option that might work for some. Setting a fixed height makes the buttons large enough to actually click for my fat fingers.

2 Likes

So i created an all device dashboard and removed the height and width values. Its okay except for my thermostat which is kinda scrunched up but usableโ€ฆ

thanks for the tip.

Change the thermostat or other tiles with lots of info to be double wide, double height, or both.

• Click the 3 dots on the Thermostat tile on the dashboard.
  • Refer to the circles on the right side of the screenshot. Be sure you have enough space to make the tile bigger. The blue box is where I am currently. Notice just to the right and below, the tiles are greyed out. They are not available for use. The green however are.
  • IF needed for space reasons, move tiles using the left circled option, column and row position. I am currently in column 1 and row 1. (You could move other tiles to make space also)
  • Once you have space to expand the tile, go to the middle circled option, and make the height and/or width taller (higher numbered).

In this screenshot, you can see a triple height thermostat in the left column compared to single height of the right column devices.

Thanks - Got it looking ok on my PC/iPad but it still overlapping on my phone.. I guise this is a case where I have to find what works on my smallest device and adjust accordingly?

1 Like

Yeah.... Honestly there is no one size fits all option. It's why people recommend doing a dashboard per device.

I am seeing that. - Is it possible to have a dashboard auto load based in the device?

What do you mean?

so letโ€™s say i have a 3 dashboards, 1 for my iPad, 1 for my iPhone and 1 for my desktop. Is it possible to the specific dashboard load instead of having to choose the correct one?

Each dashboard has a link that can be used to load it directly.

On an iPhone or iPad, you can bookmark the link to your Home Screen and get one-tap access to that dashboard.

On your desktop browser, save a bookmark like any other webpage.

1 Like

Yes, look in the browser and you will see the link to that dashboard..

I.E..http://192.168.x.x/apps/api/19/dashboard/19?access_token=e7ff9fc2-2c90-40e8-ade3-2b332372hhhh&local=true

1 Like

What exactly is overlapping? Text? Tiles? Icons?

Can you post a screenshot of your phone and also your PC or iPad so we can compare?

i fixed it by making the tile higher.