Dashboards with a great UI

agree! If I see something remotely pretty (tbh I haven't seen a pretty dashboard yet) then i'm going to pull in a CSS developer

Here's a work-in-progress build of the Dashboard. A lot of it was easier than I'd expected --- if I'd thought through my layout more intentionally, I could have done a lot of the work programmatically, instead of coding each scenario in CSS.

Functionally, everything is in this build --- the only things I didn't do are add the bottom bar (which would just be a floated div set to the bottom of the screen with 3 links in it), and add links to the menu items. There's also a bug on my end in the CSS layout where I didn't override something with the transition's background.

If you guys want me to keep working on this little dashboard, let me know :slight_smile:

This got me thinking back to something I started working on back in early 2015...

I asked myself How on earth can I make THAT?, so I've started working on that dashboard, now. Most of the functions can be implemented, and I'm working out the camera part (since we use Wyze...),

9 Likes

Okay...now, how do I get mine to look like that? :smiley: And don't say "learn CSS". :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll share the CSS :slight_smile: I’m also tempted to make a video detailing it a bit.

Basically — know which tiles contain which elements, and copy in the CSS that I’ve already got written :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Wow. That looked awesome. Looking forward to seeing more.

1 Like