Dashboards with a great UI

I know that the dashboard is a little limited but has anyone made something with it using images where it's actually 'pretty' or should I go to sharptools or thehomeremote for more flexibility?

I long for something like this:

2 Likes

Are you asking if anyone's been able to figure out how to create a Dashboard in the native Dashboard app that looks like this? Because that can't be done. It doesn't work that way. You can only select the icons available in the app. You can't use custom icons.

so what's everyone's goto if they want a custom ui?

I'm not really following you. If you want a custom UI, then go ahead and write a custom UI. The options for dashboards are the native dashboards app, Sharptools and House Panel. That's it.

I guess I was after those options. I see thehomeremote.com is also possible.

Have you seen this thread? It may give you some ideas

I wasn't able to get that working correctly.

Just want to add in: you can make all of those UIs in the HE dashboard using CSS.

It’s unreal how much you can do with the dashboards with a little tweaking. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

have you seen any examples? I can easily put one of my devs with css skills on it but I'd love to see just how creative someone has been...

Sure—I don’t have any pictures of my SmartThings Repro, unfortunately, but I re-created the Classic ST App in a Dashboard last summer. Lost the project when I had some DB corruption, sadly. Part of it is still in the show off your dashboard thread.

I’ve been working on a new version that uses our office floor plan for a dashboard—between work and working on drivers, I haven’t been able to get that one much further than here’s a floor plan—and the rooms light up when the lights are on.

If you’d like, I could remake some of the above in a dashboard with CSS.

Edit:
Looking at your first image. You could make that with two dashboards. The tabs would be URLs. The Rest would Be style overrides

Well if I can get other things working well then I'm going to work on a driver to incorporate Hubitat into a CharmedQuark CQC environment :slight_smile: CQC has an excellent UI editor for things like this.

2 Likes

How does someone who knows nothing about CSS get started?

There's a couple sites that I found useful to get started:

https://www.htmldog.com/guides/css/beginner/

6 Likes

I would love to see an example of the first pic!

1 Like

Deal! Sounds like a good Sunday project :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is it Sunday yet?? :wink::upside_down_face:

Almost :slight_smile:

I've been working on it as time allows. A few minutes here, a few minutes there... let me see if I can find time to finish it this evening.

2 Likes

No rush, for some reason I just thought about this post.

I'll just tease you with this, then:
dimmer_percent_override

I was pleased to learn that you can pretty easily make the percentage appear in sliders :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Still dying to see what you've come up with. You've got us all on the edge of our seats!!