Dashboard

Hi all.
I recently purchased a hubitat an are "converting" from SmartThings.

One of the things I don't understand is how to access hubitat from a third party app.

I would like to write my own customized Dashboard using Flutter but missing knowledge how to access Hubitat.

Anyone who can give me some tips and/or links.

1 Like

Dashboard currently uses a WebSocket commonly called EventStream/event socket, that is a constant stream of Events. It's an unfiltered stream. Every Event, every duplicate is sent.

MakerAPI is another method, it is filtered, it is de-duplicated and it only sends Events that have been subscribed.

There are at least 3 other Dashboard alternatives, perhaps a browse through their code will help.

3 Likes

Thanks for your response.

There are documentation on makers api.

I can't find any information on EventStream/Event sockets.

The only code I have found is for HousePanel. Is there two more open source dashboard panels?

1 Like

I know people use [RELEASE] smartly v1.07 - dash header themes, 3rd party auto-patching, tons of new mods, tile color picker to pretty up their dashboards

1 Like

Yes, but the OP has expressed an interest in writing their own :slight_smile:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=EventStream_Interface

There's very very little on EventStream, but you can click the hamburger menu on any hub and then Help. Then search for Eventstream. I found 4 references with the one above having the most words.

interfaces.webSocket.connect("ws://${connIP}:${connPort}/eventsocket")

I've used WebSocket Client on my Mac to understand and visualize.

1 Like