Dashboard Valve does not update automatically

Hi,

I just added a "Leak Gopher Z-Wave Water Control"

It includes as Device and seems to work fine using the "Generic Z-Wave Valve".

If i close it from the dashboard (using the Valve template) after it closes the icon stays green until the dashboard is refreshed, dashboard opened on other devices will also need a refresh to show the change.

If I manually open and close it (physical button on the valve controller) I can see the device states changing correctly without having to refresh the device page but the dashboards does not show the change until I refresh them...

Just in case I tried 2 other drivers: "Dome Water Shut-Off" and a custom one someone published here for the Zooz Water Valve which happens to say it is for this Leak Gopher Valve in the code, apart from some differences in the device states and the way they report the activities and show in the logs, they all work fine and have the exact same problem in the dashboard.

Any update for this topic?

I have installed a driver for another brand of water shut-off valve and have the same problem. If I force the update of the dashboard by exiting it and re-open it, the status is up to date.

If you display the device from the device app and use the dashboard to open or close the valve, the status of the device updates on the device page but not on the dashboard.

Can somebody validate this?

Yes, the same happens for my 2 Dome valves. Any fix?

I am also seeing this on a Water Cop valve I am currently setting up. Any word from Hubitat support?

Would someone mind posting what states the driver you are using shows?

Wow, Patrick, very sorry I somehow missed your reply, here is the info from my Leak Gopher valve:

Is this what you need? let me know if I can help with anything else...

This will be addressed in the upcoming Dashboard 2 update.

2 Likes

That's in 2.0.7, right? ( :wink: can't blame a guy for trying... )

Awesome, thanks!

If things go right. Most likely... Hopefully going to beta shortly, it's in internal testing now.

1 Like

I was being a smart ass asking for which release. Lol. Very cool that it is getting close, in any case!

Just don't ask when 2.0.7 will come out... :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dome water shut off valve

Update 2.0.7 fixed my problem with the Dome valves ... much, much better ... and I am really liking the Dashboard 2 update. Great job! :clap:.

1 Like