Dashboard V2.0 Questions

Is there a way to get a contact sensor (specifically Iris v1) to report the temperature on the same tile. Right now I have it reporting temp on a different tile. Just trying to free up some real estate.

use the multi sensor tile template.

Is it possible to select different attributes of one sensor to be displayed? For example, I have temperature, humidity and battery for Xiaomi Sensor. I want to select any two of them to be reported on the one tile.

No, this is not possible on a single tile to show 2 different selected attributes.

Thanks for the feature request. It's added to the list.

1 Like

An issue that I have with Dashboard V1 and seems still present is template color.
If I click on a device template that has a background color, then I move to another device template (without exiting) that doesn't have any background color set, it has the same background colour of the last one that I've selected and, if I want to use the same color for both of them, it won't be possible because clicking on save it wouldn't save the displayed color.
Are you facing the same issue or is just mine (tried with Chrome on Windows 10)?

@patrick Question for custom drivers and dashboard integration. Is there a way for a driver to use more than two colors?

There is an awesome port of the Purple Air quality app/device. I would like to extend this app/driver to support the air quality color which looks to be 7 different colors. Is this possible with Dashboards for the driver to change its own colors on the tiles?

All you need to do is click the square and it will apply the previously selected color.

No, this is not a feature in dashboard for air quality color. What capability is the driver using or is it just using a custom attribute?

Custom colors for attributes is not something that can easily be done. But I've added it to the feature request list.

I was thinking a custom attributes that could be used by tiles. That way the application or driver can go ahead and change based on standard hex base color codes. Thoughts?

If you add bits of html to a custom attribute that change color, that should work. Just realize there is a 1024 character limit for custom attributes.

Is there a way to make the color selector for Color Bulbs bigger? It works fine on a laptop with a mouse, but when I stick it on a tablet it is not particularly easy to edit unless I zoom way in with the browser, which won't always work

What tablet? You can also tap the color values area and type in color values in HEX or RGB to set them as well.

@patrick I was testing on my pixel c. I can zoom in my standard browser but I was looking at using wall panel which apparently doesn't allow zoom. Also, zoom (and typing hex) are both unfriendly for non-tech people

Looks like this thing has an internal resolution of 2560x1800 which means it is probably rendering the desktop version of the dashboard and not the mobile or tablet optimized versions.

Appreciate the feedback, will look at what might be able to done to make the color picker easier for high res tablets.

Is the V2.0 dashboard capable of displaying a video feed? I note the availability of a Video Player template but have not been successful at feeding it live video. I do use the image template to display static "shots" from a nest camera.

Video template supports mp4 streams only.

@patrick

I believe I read the dashboard v2 now supports google icons. Is this in the header so I can call an icon class in my custom code?

material icons yes

1 Like

I try to customize the icon for the Dimmer type in the templates page, but it only gives me the option to change the color and background color. I have to workaround by using Advanced to enter the icon name in the JSON code. Is this intentional or a bug?

I can’t seem to find a way to delete dashboards and couldn’t find it in the docs. How can I do this?