Dashboard Representation on App vs on Web Browser

if you have a MQTT broker take a look here

Ihave 4brand new fire 8’s that I
I want to root and do exactly what you have done. Any suggestions?
Glenn.
By the way I just got my HE on Friday. Have my Iris plugins and a wall switch devices added. Next comes my several Wemo In way switches. Then one to osram/sylvania down lights. Been doing this for a while.
Thanks.

Check carefully on xda-developers.com for whether you can root the your Fire 8's. The latest versions of the 2018 Fire 8 (karnak) could NOT be rooted. The change happened around Nov 2019. Motherboards created before then worked, after then and they couldn't be rooted (at least that was the case a year ago).

I'm not sure what the latest Fire 8 hardware is (2020). It might not be rootable.

Try checking out:

Thanks for this. Mine are older Fire 8's. I believe they are 2018.
I'll give it a try.
By the way how did you mount your Fire 8's?

Koala mounts:

I started with 3M Command strips.

I like the Koala mount but it seems a bit expensive for a couple pieces of plastic. They work great, though. I have them covering a wall box with 12V DC step-down to 3A USB charger:

Further to this, my fire 8's are gen 6, it's been a while since I worked on them. I have gotten my WEMO devices working with Hubitat and my first rudimentary dashboard.

There are several affordable options in the simplest form of wall mount, here is one:

Hi Joe,

I have just downloaded your Hubitat dashboard Android app. Its really nice and full featured. I'd like to use it for my home dashboard on an old iPad that I have. Can you tell me if there is either an IOS or web version of this please? thanks

Hi, sorry this is a native Android app. My iOS developer skills are a bit rusty so I don't have any plans to port it to iOS right now. My initial goal anyway was for a wall-mounted tablet and while I own a few iPads (kids..) I'm not sure I can justify putting a $300 iPad on the wall vs a $25 Fire tablet :slight_smile:

Yep fair enough. I might have to invest in a Fire tablet. Are you still developing the app ongoing?