Dashboard parent app errors from Hubitat built-in drivers

Thank you, that was helpful. I had no idea that's what that field would do. It could use some descriptive test :wink: I thought it was to enable or set a level of device notification or something.

What I don't understand is how a week plus worth of logs got into this field.

What apps use that device? Look at the in-use-by.

We cross posted. Your post is below mine. Thank you for finally giving me something useful.

I do listen to you--which frankly is really hard because you don't listen to me when I give you information, and then you insult me over things I've already answered for you. Your constantly assume I'm an idiot who can't read (see 5-6 times above where you kept insisting I had a custom driver with this attribute) and you respond to me that way.

I appreciate your help. It would be a hell of a lot easier to listen to you if the constant talking down and disrespect would tone down a bit. Focus on the issue, stop attacking the questioner PLEASE

Of these the only one that would be sending notes to the phone would be HSM. So I'll dig around in there.

@bravenel I still think that this kind of "process of elimination" debugging is far too painful, given the ease of adding the device name to the log message ...

Geesh Ryan. This isn't any way to make friends. It is, however, a way to gain unwanted attention from you know who. Tone it down.

My apologies @endorphin_junkie it seems that sometimes we get a little passionate about things here. Please don't let that affect your participation in the community. Perhaps tagging @bobbyD may give you some insight instead of argument.
:smile:

3 Likes

I'm not perfect in this regard either, so I try hard to give people benefit of the doubt.

It's really sad... he knows so much, but he turns so many people off because he aims at them rather than the issues :frowning:

But he did help me isolate it, and I appreciate that.

6 Likes

I know.
:frowning_face:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.