Dashboard out of sync on zwave non-plus GE/Jasco in-wall dimmers

C7/119

I have 9 non-plus GE and Jasco in-wall dimmers.

Everything works fine when I use an Echo or the dashboard to control the switch/dimming. But the switch's state never updates in the dashboard when I use the physical switch.

Of note, all of the GE and inovelli zwave+ dimmers work fine in both cases.

How can i make the dashboard aware of the switch/dimmer's state when i am using the physical switch ?

5 Likes

You will need to enable polling for your non-plus devices. As I understand it, SmartThings did that by default, but Hubitat does not. Search the community here for "zwave poller app" perhaps.

3 Likes

Long term, do your network a favor and start replacing them with Z+ :wink: sorry had to say it.

3 Likes

Are these the switches with or without the neutral wire?

Wow. If they are old enough to not have a neutral wire, those are some ancient Jasco switches.

They don't generally support LED (or CFL) lights well--so I'd highly recommend getting rid of those ASAP. :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for the answers. zwave poller seems exactly what i needed, it works fine. thanks all.

2 Likes

Small word of caution, polling many devices over ZW too often can, in some cases, slow the hub (ZW's been a little finicky). I have about 6 or so non Z+ GE switches that I had the exact same 'problem' with. When I started polling the hub seemed a little more sluggish (to be fair, this was on an early firmware version though). Because of that I just put a couple on a 1 minute poll (the ones I really need to know about) and the others I created a virtual button to refresh all the remaining non-plus devices on demand. That is on my dashboard to do a refresh whenever the need to verify switch state is needed. Until I can convert them all over to Z+ this has been working well with no impact on the hub.

3 Likes

I'd second this statement as well as having zwave non plus devices can slow down your other plus devices especially if they route through them. Just a heads up.

i just replaced all my non z+ switches.. much better mesh performance .. recommend you do the same.. the only std zwave devices i have left now are one door lock , 2 garage door openers. and one tilt sensor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.