Dashboard HSM intrusion alert display

Hello to all,
My first post. Transitioning from Iris to Hubitat. Things are going well, have HSM configured for intrusion, send text, turn on lights, etc. Dashboards made up to arm HSM as needed. Intrusion alerts are sent and devices respond accordingly.

The one thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to display on the dashboard that an intrusion has occurred. If, for example wife doesn't receive txt, or push or other notification, she arrives home and turns alarm off not knowing that there was an alarm/intrusion.

Looked at all the different settings in the dashboard, settings in the HSM app but not been able to find a setting to display on the dashboard an intrusion alert. Even when opening the HSM on the dashboard the only way to see if there is an intrusion is by looking at the alerts entry, which are not very evident if an intrusion has occurred.

Running version 2.0.8.107.

Any thoughts or guidance welcome.
Thanks.

2 Likes

I've been thinking of using the app controlling fully kiosk browser, to have my dashboards load a "alert!!" page as part if my water sensors detect leaks, this could also work for your case

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated, I will look at the Kiosk Browser to see if it can be used for an alert in case of an intrusion; it has potential.
As a workaround I created a virtual "Alarm" lamp that turns on when there is an HSM intrusion alert. Added the lamp to an HSM dashboard. It does a decent job. Need to be careful to not push the lamp tile by accident as this would turn on the "Alarm" lamp and give a false indication of an intrusion alarm. Maybe the next Dashboard update will incorporate some form of alerting when there is an intrusion.

2 Likes

Agreed - how can we have a dashboard for HE which we use Home Security Monitor on - and there is no way to see if the alarm is on or has been triggered in the dashboard?
Very odd!